Readers in Atlanta and Austin: Send Me Your Egg White Delight Impressions

Calling all readers in and around Atlanta, Georgia and Austin, Texas!!! Send me your McDonald’s Egg White Delight pictures and impressions ASAP. If your work gets published here on GrubGrade, I’ll send you a $25 Arch Card. The Egg White Delight is limited to these two markets right now and I want to know what the masses think. The bounty is set.

7 comments on “Readers in Atlanta and Austin: Send Me Your Egg White Delight Impressions

1. abratster2 says:

aww man I was just in ATX this past weekend. If I had known about this then, I would have been all over it.

mira wow

2. John says:

This was one of the worst breakfast sandwiches I’ve ever had, and I’ve been to Burger King.

The new egg-white had the taste and consistency of boiled, unflavored tofu. The canadian bacon is still of poor quality. If there was a turkey sausage option, I may be interested.

3. Test marketing for this started two months ago (http://www.burgerbusiness.com/?p=12382) and I believe it has concluded.

4. Manavee says:

I can get you pictures of Mcdonald’s mighty wings and their steak and egg burrito, if you’d like.

You’ll have to talk to my agent about compensation, though.

5. Nicki says:

After trying this sandwich in the small town of Blairsville GA, two hours northwest of Atlanta, I am hear to say it is nothing like the original Egg McMuffin. Any fan of the original, delicious sandwich, will be completley disasspointed.

The Egg White’s had little to no flavor and the sandwich does not provide anything to help with this. When ordered with sausage, it is much tastier – but, the off the menu option is quite lacking. As for the cheese, it added absolutley nothing.

The only high point in this sandwich, was the whole grain muffin. You could taste a difference in the muffin and the wholesome taste certainy was a star.

If you are looking for a low-cholestrol option, go for it. Otherwise, stick with the original.

6. Ronnie says:

People it’s rolling national within the next few months. It’s not going to taste awesome, it’s designed to be healthier so flavor will lack obviously. Toss a little salt and pepper on it and its good if you are dieting otherwise stick with your normal egg mcmuffin

7. Alice says:

I was prepared to absolutely hate this sandwich. I was sure that this healthier version of my all-time favorite Sausage McMuffin with Egg would not warrant more than one bite. I normally don’t eat Egg White only meals, as the egg whites tend to get rubbery easily and are quite bland. Alas, I had a coupon for a $0.99 Egg White McMuffin and with not much in my wallet and a grumbling stomach, I decided to give it a try. Much to my surprise, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. The egg whites were shockingly fluffy and the canadian bacon added that touch of sodium so that they weren’t as bland as I expected. Not to say that I didn’t need to add extra salt and pepper, but it wasn’t terrible. Who knows, next time I’m on a health kick, I might actually buy this!