Spotted in Michigan by GrubGrade reader Justin… thanks!  Looks like the new menu item train continues to run hard and fast at Burger King.  I’d say keep a look out for these in the coming year, but right now they look to just be early run, limited release offerings.  For starters, there’s the new BK Molten Fudge Bites & Sundae.  Will brownie bites with a “warm chocolate center” a la Domino’s Lava Crunch Cakes and the new Arby’s Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes become the next growing trend for fast food dessert?Burger King Molten Fudge BitesSome other newcomers, or returning/revamped versions of old products… the Italian Chicken Sandwich.  The BK Italian Chicken Sandwich looks to be the same thing made available last year.  I reviewed the Italian Chicken Sandwich along with the Original and the Club back in February.  Cheesy Tots have been around before and it looks like their return is welcome according to some fans I’ve heard from.  The new Philly Chicken Sandwich might be something worth checking out when its within reach.  Finally, “new” Chicken Nuggets… haven’t we been here before already?  Burger King called them “tenders” when the BK Crown Tenders switched to standard shapes, but whatever, I reviewed them and they were nuggets to me.  So we’ll be seeing yet another rendition. Burger King Philly Chicken SandwichHave you spotted any new Burger King products at your local restaurants?  What looks to be the winners and losers of the newcomers?  Let us know in the comments!

27 comments on “Spotted at Burger King: Molten Fudge Bites, Cheesy Tots, Philly Chicken Sandwich and More

1. Cat says:

Just ate the bites at my local burger king. It was 4/$1.69 and they were amazing! Served warm and dusted w/powdered sugar. Oh My Yum

2. Richard says:

The bites look like the only NEW good thing on the menu…

ANDDDD….. what is so different from the Chicken Parmesan sandwich they sold in 2012 and this so called Italian chicken???

I wanted a more robust sauce on the sandwich.

3. rondoman says:

More of the same from BK, which is nothing special.

Man, I long for the days when BK was my goto fast food chain.

4. Nick says:

They’ve had the Italian Chicken off and on again for decades. Although I’m very happy about them bringing back cheesy tots! Those rocked! Now I just wish they’d bring back the Jalepeno Poppers and I might actually go to a Burger King again.

• Homer Jay says:

Nick, you couldn’t be more correct. Those jalapeno poppers they used to serve at BK were the best! I rarely go to BK these days (or any fast food establishments), but I’d return immediately if the poppers returned.

5. Starkzilla says:

Yes, the cheesy tots are back!

6. Jarred says:

Had these today at my local Florida BK. I got the cheesy tots and the new nuggets. The nuggets imo are very similar in taste to McDonald’s nuggets. The cheesy tots were good as well. Crispy exterior with a cheesy potatoey center. They are a little larger than their breakfast hash browns (looked like popcorn chicken bites at first glance). They were fresh when I got them, and boy they retain their heat for long time inside. Actually ended up burning the roof of my mouth lol.

7. Jason says:

Cheesy Tots were my only reason to go to BK, so can’t wait to go back and get some.

8. Erin says:

Cheesy tots!!! that`s the greatest news :)

9. M86 says:

I got a coupon book in the mail today from BK. They had the all of those new items on it, so I’m thinking it must be a nation-wide rollout.

One of the coupons was for a 4-piece chicken nugget for 50 cents.

Their original chicken sandwiches used to be my usual BK order back in the day, but the couple of times I have got it lately, the chicken had a really odd, gross flavor to it and was really dry. If they’re going to do any sort of new chicken sandwiches, they should do it with the Tendercrisp chicken.

10. Lylat says:

I spotted those new BK items here in Newark,NJ.

11. Ari says:

They def needed to change the nuggets so i’d like to try these, i miss the old tenders though..*sighs

12. Scrape says:

They really needed to change the nuggets. The latest iteration were terrible. They were always cold and rubbery, and the coating wa soooooo dry you had to drink a gallon of Mr. Pib just to stay hydrated. Now they need to work on their fries…again.

The Philly chicken looks like a pretty good idea, although nothing I’v ever had “Phillied” has been breaded before. Still, if it is “Wit Wiz”, hopefully they will be finding another use for tht particular ingredient (Come on bacon cheddar! And with mushrooms would be nice).

And as for the Molten Fudge Bites…anybody else see a similarity in form and flavor to a certain old episode of South Park featuring Chef’s similar creation? Great, now I’ll have “that” song in my head the rest of the day.

13. Jason says:

Got my Cheesy Tots and new nuggets in Kalamazoo, MI today. Some locations are saying not until Monday. Cheesy Tots are as good as I remember. Nuggets I could take or leave, though at least there was a fair amount of what tasted like chicken in them. 4 for a buck, so a 4 for 50 cents coupon isn’t that amazing I guess.

14. Manavee says:

The Philly Chicken sandwich is an absolute abomination. If you can’t tell from the picture, they use the original chicken sandwich patty, not the Tendercrisp. The whole thing just tastes so overwhelmingly salty, it was hard for me to stomach. I don’t consider myself a health nut, but the sodium in this thing has to be off the charts. The cheese is just bland and blah.

I also was not overly impressed molten fudge brownie bites. The outer “brownie” is hard like stale brownie, while the inside is gooey. It certainly tasted better than the Philly Chicken sandwich, though.

15. Cheesy tots are always good and the molten bites look good. Maybe there is hope for BK after all.

16. benamore says:

Finally the cheesy tots are back! But my local Burger King doesn’t carry them until January.

17. Joe says:

My BK has an Avocado Swiss Whopper which seems to be the California Whopper under a different name pretty much.

18. T.J. says:

The cheesy tots are excellent! A rare quality item from the BK these days. Was able to get them in the morning too, for an upcharge.

19. The tots are clocking in at $2.69 for 12, which is actually a bit cheaper than last time I believe. The fudge bites were actually pretty good as well if you like the taste of melted fudge.

20. Sarah says:

The Philly Cheese Chicken sandwich was awful! It is not the tender crisp breast, but a “chicken patty product”-texture was horrible. The few little bits of onions and peppers that they put on were slimy and over cooked and the cheese was orange goo. I threw it out after a few bites. YUCK! The curly sweet potato fries were ok, but tasted like they had sugar on them.

21. Old Fogey Paul says:

Burger King fell off, it’s as plain as that, they seem more interested in making a bunch of gimmicks than an actual, solid, quality burger. It may be more expensive, but I 100 percent recomment Wendy’s as a solid hamburger choice.

22. Mike from Orleans says:

There are two new sauces at BK now too I do believe the first one is Jalepeno Barbeque but I might need to be corrected. And the second one I know for a fact is Kung Pow.

23. Elizabeth says:

The molten fudge bites at my burger king were horrible! They were really hard and barely tasted like anything. I wish mine were as good as everyone elses….