Name Change: Arby’s Fish Sandwich is now Arby’s Reel Big Fillet

We’re heading into the season where fast food fish is featured for Lent.  Arby’s is starting the seafood campaign early with the return of their Fish Sandwich… now called the Reel Big Fillet.  I’m a big fan of this sandwich.  Looks to be the same sandwich with a new name.

Arby’s Reel Big Fillet. A meaty cut of Alaskan white fish, caught-wild, and served hot. With tangy tartar sauce and iceberg lettuce on a delicious, toasted sesame bun.

Arby's Reel Big Fillet

16 comments on “Name Change: Arby’s Fish Sandwich is now Arby’s Reel Big Fillet

1. Mike N. says:

Maybe they’re trying to corner the ska-kid market?

2. Rusty Shackleford says:

hmm, looked like it had shredded lettuce in your review, but the promo pic here looks like bigger pieces of leaf lettuce? Maybe just promo pic trickery. Not a fan of shredded lettuce for some reason..

• Bubbsy says:

They use shredded iceberg lettuce. In the promo pic, the food designers arranged the greenest parts of the shreds to the outside to make the sandwich look more appealing. But they also have whole green leaf lettuce used on other sandwiches, so you can request that!

3. Bubbsy says:

I went to the Arby’s website to look at this on the menu, discovered that the newly-named fish sandwich now only appears on the “limited time only” sub-category, and has been removed as a permanent menu entry. I wonder if they are market-testing the new name, and leaving it open to let the fish sandwich return to the permanent menu with its maiden name. If they want to breathe new life into their fish sandwich it seems that a name change is lazy. Why not offer a spicy version, or hell, make a fish BLT option… ?

• Ryan says:

Spicy version would be good… maybe something other than the standard tartar sauce for once.

• Bubbsy says:

Fish BLT?! Their slogan can be “F your BLT”. I can see the commercial now – little old lady walks up to the cashier and places her order: “BLT please. Wait a minute, F my BLT!”
      I’m sure you’ve all seen the EBT rap on Youtube: “EBT, EBT, I just swipe my EBT”, … well the Arby’s parody commercial could be “BLT, BLT, I just F my BLT”

• Bubbsy says:

It would be nice if they could bring back the “Where’s the Beef” lady for this. Little old ladies + fast food = hilarity.

• Echo710 says:

I didn’t think it ever was a permanent menu item… where I live it’s always been a “limited time” menu item, showing up just before Lent every year.

I would definitely go for a spicy version of this sandwich.

4. rondoman says:

Have you ever thought of adding a message board to this site?

Also, for the past couple weeks getting on this site is hit or miss. Both on my home computer, work computer, and my phone. It either loads the page or it doesnt. Just thought I would let you know cuz it sucks not being able to get on here as your site is a daily read.

• Ryan says:

Message board was considered, still is being considered.

Yeah man, sorry about the site issues. I’m fully aware and it’s an almost daily headache. Battling with the host company a lot and yada yada… it seems to be hit or miss. Anyway, yeah I’m weighing my options and troubleshooting and working on getting everything to run smoothly. Thanks for putting up with it, we’ll get everything straight eventually.

5. Jen says:

I don’t care what they call it. It’s been the best fast food fish sandwich in town by far.

6. Chefprotoss says:

Also, they had signs in Arby’s last year mentioning Grubgrade. I hope that happens again this year.