McDonald’s Christmas Commercial from the 1970′s

Stack up the gift certificates worth 50-cents each! How do you feel about McDonald’s being open on Christmas Day?

7 comments on “McDonald’s Christmas Commercial from the 1970′s

1. Scrape says:

Kinda sucks for the employees (lets hope at least they are getting a shift premium), but a great convenience for the traveler. Like other service employees such as those who work the airports, gas stations, hotels, truck drivers, and the medical community, McD’s is a vital cog in the American holiday machine.

• MP says:

I’m pretty sure I read McDonald’s has no overtime wage and all those who worked on Xmas signed up for it.

Many Asian restaurants were open was well so I don’t see it as a big deal. Not everybody celebrates Xmas.

2. Mike N. says:

The one I drove past at 8 a.m. was closed. *shrug* Jack in the Box and iHop were open, though!

3. Richard says:

The Gift certificate is much better than the cookie anyway…

As long as they get extra pay I do not mind for the traveler.

4. JFK says:

Wow. I remember those gift certificates, the book and all!

As for being open on Christmas, doesn’t pose me. Not everyone celebrates Christmas, and there are people that unfortunately need the money and willing to work on the holidays. As long as they didn’t strong arm people to come in, I have no pro lem with them (or any other business) being open. I do hope those that did work got something extra though.

5. Lauren says:

I’m glad they were. Us public safety workers gotta eat!

6. Ronnie says:

Facts, company stores were mainly open and do not pay premium from what I’ve heard. Most franchisee’s that were open on Thanksgiving paid their employees time and a half and asked for volunteer workers first before scheduling them. I don’t think many franchise restaurants were open Christmas Day however. I guess it’s no big deal to be open considering everyone is pretty much open on Easter and that’s an important holiday as well, same as Christmas as it revolves around Jesus. Christmas is just perceived as bigger since its such a commercialized holiday in the retail world and people get together for the presents lol