Do You Remember Burger King Tacos?

I remember when Burger King came out with tacos in the early 2000’s.  Back then it was 2 for a dollar.  I just found them in Houston, Texas at 2 for a $1.39. They are very similar to the Jack in the Box tacos which I’ve always liked.  Living on the east coast for so long, I had always wanted either Burger King to bring them back or for a Jack in the Box to come to Maryland.  Now that I live in Texas and there is a Jack in the Box on every corner, Burger King brings them back.  Just my luck.Taste-wise the tacos are pretty good.  The ground beef had a bean type texture, but still tasted OK.  There is cheese and a taco sauce reminiscent of Taco Bell Hot Sauce.  Burger King tacos are quite oily and work your digestive system faster than Ex-Lax.  You get what you pay for.  Do you remember Burger King Tacos?  Are they available in your area?

21 comments on “Do You Remember Burger King Tacos?

1. Steven says:

They’ve never stopped having them in the Wichita, KS, area. Though they are 99 cents EACH here now.

2. Esther says:

hmm looks like I’m gonna be checking out my local BKs soon

3. Chefprotoss says:

I remember trying them and thinking they sucked hard. I do fancy JitB’s tacos though. Also, BK is running a Whopper Memories ad campaign right now asking people to remember the good times they had with said sandwich, and all I can seem to remember is the endless stream of comments on this site talking about crappy tomatoes… try as I may, that’s all my brain can muster up.

4. maynardb61 says:

Well, if you now live in Texas, you can do a lot better than Burger King for tacos.

• Mike N. says:

What makes you think he doesn’t?

• Mitchery says:

Oh and I do. I’m all over the place for good tacos. I especially like Torchy’s democrat taco and trailer park taco (trashy). For fast casual, I favor Bullrito’s with their soft corn tacos. Quite often you will find me at the local Pappasitos or Escalantes for sit down Tex Mex spots. Some of the local taco trucks are pretty decent too but I still prefer Torchy’s over them.

5. Scrape says:

For the most part, BK can’t even get BURGERS right. Why would I subject myself to this when there is a perfectly serviceable Taco Bell on the same strip as the BK?

• MP says:

Honestly, I actually think (from what I had 10 years ago) BK’s is better than Taco Bells; if anything the grease adds something & the sauce seemed spicier. I never liked TB’s potatoes & you can’t get fries or onion rings at TB.

6. TJ says:

I remember these being similar to the tacos at Jack in the Box, but they haven’t had them where I’m at in CA for a long time. I don’t exactly miss them since we have Jack in the Box here, but if they came back I’d get them once in a while.

7. relic says:

Brings back good memories, these tacos are awesome. Very similar to Jack in the Box tacos. Deep fryings makes all the difference.

8. Steven T. says:

I was asking someone about these the other day and they didn’t know what I was talking about! I’m glad there’s proof.

9. RJ says:

Still selling them in Chicago, But there are $1.39 for an order of two. But they are good.

10. Christian says:

They have them in a few Burger Kings around the KC Metro area. I don’t remember the exact prices, but they came in a 2 for deal. Less than $1.50 I’m sure, and maybe one location they were 2 for $1.

11. Sandy says:

I rember JITB taco so well from when I was a kid. There is something about them that is addicting. They’re pretty gross, the grease would drip down on my wrist while eating them but God I loved them. I had them at BK about 10 years ago and they were similar. Bad in a ghetto way but still so good. I’m in suburb of Chicago and haven’t been to BK in years but if they still have the JITB style tacos, I’m all over it. Two for $1.29, I’m all over them. If they are much more than that, I’d probably pass.

12. MP says:

I do remember them. I actually liked them. Smooth shell, melted cheese (I actually melt the cheese on all my homemade tacos now because of these) tasty but very greasy. I haven’t bought one probably since 2003 & my homemade version (bought shells; mix own spices) expands the BK idea.

13. MP says:

Chicagoland suburbs; 2 for $1.49, 12/06/2012

• MP says:

Yuck. Meat did have a bean-like texture. Very cheap on the cheese. Still very greasy, very little hot sauce & the shell was the best part. Will not be getting again.

14. cwandrews says:

I had one of these a few years ago. Not to be overly graphic, but it was a remarkable experience. Virtually everything I’d ever eaten that entire week was was expelled, with prejudice. I was lucky to have an intact skeletal structure afterwards.

15. misty says:

I worked at bk when they had them. We got severely burnt by them but they were so good. That’s when they had baked potatoes and chili, too. They had a homestyle Or smokehouse Burger then too that was soooo good. It was a seasoned angus Burger on a special bun. Anyone remember that? It tasted homemade.

16. Tomas says:

As long as i remember tacos at burger king have been around lol , im a 17 year old guy. Idk why I love burger king tacos lol. Im eating some right now as I type . 2 for $1.19 ;)