50% Papa John’s Deal for Thanksgiving Weekend

I’m curious about who got fired… the Papa John’s Facebook and Twitter accounts haven’t been updated since November 9th.  Anyway, perusing Slickdeals for a pizza delivery order, I bypassed the Papa’s Thanksgiving Weekend Special for a Domino’s Philly Cheese Steak $10 large special.  Check out the 50% off deal going on at Papa John’s:

• You’ve cooked enough! Let Papa John’s take care of the weekend!  Get 50% OFF Any Large or Extra Large Pizza when you order online at regular menu price. Promo code must be entered for each individual pizza.  Use the promotion code 50THANKS  Offer expires 11/26/2012

And just to confuse you, here’s my Domino’s order… the Domino’s ordering app is sweet btw:

17 comments on “50% Papa John’s Deal for Thanksgiving Weekend

1. Nick says:

2. Justin ST says:

I’m convinced Papa John’s guy has lost his mind. I don’t think I’ve paid full price for a Papa John’s in a long time. I’m getting kind of worried, but my wallet isn’t, lol.

3. raiders757 says:

If you take advantage of this deal, please tip your delivery drivers a little bit extra. They work harder than you think, and most of them deserve the extra scratch.

4. M86 says:

I don’t think anyone was fired from Papa John’s social media… There was a huge uproar over the CEO’s comments on Obamacare, cutting hours, raising the prices of pizzas, etc. They’re probably waiting for it to cool down a bit. I’ve been checking their FB page every so often, and people are still commenting about boycotting it.

5. Chefprotoss says:

I know we usually stray from politics here, but John Schnatter can go F#CK himself. He treats his workers like garbage. If it weren’t for them, he wouldn’t have his mansion surrounded by a frigging moat. He can afford 20 million for free pizzas but not 4-5 million for workers healthcare? You help those that help you. You do not proverbially spit in their faces. Chalk Papa John’s up as another fast food restaurant that will never see a dime of my money. I’ll take my business to somewhere like Five Guy’s that spends money that should go towards advertising, and gives it back to the workers that make everything possible. Oh, and Domino’s lobbies to keep minimum wage as low as possible if anyone didn’t know. They pay lobbyists so they don’t have to pay their workers a livable wage. It sickens me.

• Justin ST says:

The way things are going with Papa John’s, we’re not giving Schnatter much money at all, lol.

• Waltsy says:

I don’t know where you’re getting your information from. Jerry Murrell, the CEO of Five Guy’s, has donated to the campaigns of politicians who want to keep minimum wage as low as possible. Oh, wait. Five Guy’s is a lot better than Papa John’s or Domino’s, so it’s alright to, ah, turn a blind eye? If you’re going to be silly and politicize your food, then why cherry-pick your information?

6. nick says:

that’s the only thing i still like at dominos.

7. Rey says:

didn’t work for me :(

8. Lap says:

I don’t know if I’m doing anything wrong, but the code won’t work when I try it. It says invalid code. Oh well.

9. maynardb61 says:

The promo code would not work at my store either. Gave up.

10. John Schnatter is a selfish, greedy POS and he can go to hell as far as I am concerned. In the last few years he has become more and more obsessed with becoming a celebrity and being an icon. He is everywhere, especially on TV and even is putting himself on the boxes of the pizza. Politics is just bad business too for any business considering at any point half of your customers don’t share your political beliefs. I would be so pissed off if I were a franchisee and this guy was going around potentially damaging my business.

He has a mansion that would make most mansions jealous and a net worth in excess of half a billion dollars. How much more do you need?

11. rob says:

Cool story. I was at work last Wednesday and nobody else was in the office, someone rang the door bell and it was Papa John person with two free slices of pizza, they were still fresh and hot. They were delivering free pizza to all the neighborhood businesses.

12. Chelsea says:

Tried to redeem this last night but it didnt work :( Papa Johns is so expensive caompared to others that I would only get it if there was a great code like this…. too bad :(

13. [...] New at Papa John’s, the Steak and Cheese Pizza.  Let’s see if this can take my mind off the Domino’s version seen here. [...]