First Impressions: Taco Bell Cookie Sandwich

I just picked up the Taco Bell Cookie Sandwich and at first look, I thought it was a toy for a 4 year old because of how plastic-y it looked.  Taste-wise it stood strong.  I would even compare it to the American Cookies version.  The cookie is not to rough and not too soft.  The cream filling was just the right amount.  Priced at around a buck, I will definitely get it again.  Finally a decent dessert from a fast food place besides ice cream.Other impressions from GrubGrade reader Scott: “The wedge shape of the cookie offered a less messy direction for attack. The cookies themselves were chewy but firm.  As I tasted the icing from the edges of the cookie, I was reminded of the icing used on the edges of a cake. It was a firm consistency, and on the sweet side. Once upon a time, years ago, the local bakery used to offer such a treat. Others have made similar creations, but they have never tasted as delicious. The reason was because they never used the correct icing. Taco Bell has!”If you’ve tried the new Taco Bell Cookie Sandwich and have some thoughts of your own to share, please comment on this post and let us know if you loved it or hated it.  Also please share with us the price you paid.  Thanks.

• Nutrition Info: 390 calories, 17 grams of fat, 15 milligrams of cholesterol, 130 milligrams of sodium, 56 grams of carbs, 44 grams of sugar
  • Price: $1.29 (varies by location)

22 comments on “First Impressions: Taco Bell Cookie Sandwich

1. Rusty Shackleford says:

GF got it tonight. She said it was “alright”. Might’ve just been the fact that it was late and they weren’t… fresh? Personally, I’ve never gone to TB with dessert on my mind. I’m not even huge on the cinnasticks. The only “dessert” I’ve ever gotten was years ago when they sold the choco-taco icecream things with the chocolate-covered wafer shell and vanilla+fudge filling.

2. john smoke says:

does it compare to the ms fields cookie sandwich?

• Saturn says:

I LOVED this. It tastes EXACTLY like the Mrs. Field’s cookie cups and the frosting was buttercream which is what I was hoping for. :)

3. Steven says:

Delicious! Will definitely buy again!

4. rob says:

Ugh. Doesn’t look like it’s worth the 390 calories. Like a Little Debbie product.

5. Mitchery says:

I don’t remember the Ms Fields Sandwich. Sorry John. It’s really good though, worth picking up and making the comparison yourself.

6. Mike says:

I thought that the frosting may have been a little too sweet, but overall, it was pretty good. The new Churro blew it out of the water though.

7. Christine says:

I grabbed one of these last night. I really liked it. The icing in the middle is sweet but I like that. It reminds me of buttercream icing. I was a cake decorator and we used that or whipped icing which was like a homemade whipped cream. This is sweeter if you like that sort of thing. I twisted mine apart like an Oreo and had 2 cookies with icing on top. Yum :)

8. I actually really was impressed. I paid #1.19 for mine in Houston but i say worth it. Doing a review of all three desserts soon. Like what i have seen from the bell this month.

9. Bill says:

I got one the other day and I thought it was pretty good

10. Manavee says:

I thought it was pretty good. The drosting is very sweet, though. It’s a lot bigger than I thought it would be based on the pictures I saw.

The strawberry creme fruitista is absolutely disgusting though. I pulled an ErinJax and threw it away after a few sips.

11. Jen says:

I liked it, but like Mike, I thought the new churro was better.

12. Did you review the same cookie I had? This ranks as one of the Top 10 worst fast food items I have ever had in my life. I threw away half of it and wished I threw up the rest of it. In comparison the Churro and the Caramel Apple Empanada are in the Top 10 best fast food items I have ever had.

• Raiders757 says:

I have to agree, the Caramel Apple Empanada is one of the better fast food items available. They’ve been in my market for so long, they’ve even gone through the shrink ray transformation, but they’re still worth it when I’m the mood and not being cheap. Cheap being the only reason I bother even going to Taco Bell, so it isn’t often that I get them.

13. jamesela78 says:

I’m still missing the old cinnamon chips that the had prior to the cinnamon twists.

14. I was surprised that I didn’t like it. The cookie part tasted very artificial and the cream was way too sweet for me. Very disappointed. Gonna try the churro next time.

15. Raposin says:

Looks so good.

16. Emma says:

I really didn’t care for them– we got them because they LITERALLY took 30 mins to get our 2 combo meals ready, haha.

BUT, I tried my boyfriend’s and I didn’t much care for it. Way too sweet.

So, I decided to do something about it. So, I scraped out half the icing and popped it in the microwave for about 7 seconds… DELICIOUS.

If you didn’t like these things before, TRY THEM THIS WAY!!! ^^^^

17. Becky H. says:

It’s hot as balls outside right now, so I bought one of these on a whim and stuck it in the freezer. I’ve never had one before, but I’m pretty sure this changed the texture of the cookie (not for the better). Very sweet, crunchy, hard. Maybe I would like it better after nuking it in the microwave for a few seconds, but I don’t think I’ll be buying this again.

18. [...] hope you said your goodbyes to the Cookie Sandwich from Taco Bell because the new Brownie Sandwich is now taking over its spot.  The Brownie Sandwich [...]