Spotted: Chick-fil-A Cheese Sauce

I came across dipping Cheese Sauce at a Chick-fil-A in Columbia, Maryland.  Thoughts of dunking my Chick-fil-A Nuggets in melted cheese is now on my mind.  Anyone else noticing new test products at your local Chick-fil-A restaurants?  I heard there is face to face drive thru ordering service at the Germantown, Maryland Chick-fil-A location.  Possible start of a new trend.

16 comments on “Spotted: Chick-fil-A Cheese Sauce

1. Chelsea says:

I get the sauce every time I go!! It’s delish…. Great with the fries and chicken. I have been getting it for a few months now…. I am in the north VA area just south of dc

2. Jennifer says:

Chick Fil A sauce is my favorite!

At the Bowie, MD location they have been doing the face to face ordering for a long time…only during busy times though they will come out to your car to take the order.

• Duce says:

Yeah, in Montgomery, AL they’ve been doing it for a long time. Typically breakfast and lunch.

• Matt says:

Yeah they’ve been doing face to face during rush hours in Wilmington NC for a while too. It always weirds me out too. The whole reason I’m using the drive thru is because I want as little human interaction as possible!

3. Bonnie says:

This cheese sauce debuted here in NE Ohio about a year ago…i found it unpleasant.

4. Christopher says:

Just the regular Chick Fil A sauce is a force to be reckoned with. I swear I use one packet per waffle fry.

5. J says:

We have had face to face drive thru ordering for over a year here in atlanta.

6. Mikey F Baby says:

The McDonald’s here does the face-to-face order taking during lunch. Not everyday though. Don’t really see how it speeds anything up but whatever.

7. Larry says:

If you don’t get your order of waffle fries within 28 seconds of them coming out of the fryer, nothing can save those fries except throwing them out.

8. Chelsea says:

i tried the sauce in silver spring, md and didnt really like it. I was expecting better. i usually dip my fries in the Polynesian sauce.

9. Scrape says:

They have been doing the face to face ordering for quite some time. Some stores have a little patio with a permanent “umbrella” for the outside person for shade. Others use a little computer and they go from car to car. The idea is that Chick-Fil-A’s drive thru is kinda slow, so they try get the orders working in the queue as quickly as they can so by the time you get to the pass window, your order is ready. It gives them more time from customer contact to order fulfillment without making it seem like the customer is waiting a long time. McD’s tried this, too, by adding a third window to some stores, but quickly abandoned it as it cost too much to staff another employee just to take orders. Now they have two order boxes so they can take two orders at the same time. A similar idea.

10. Kayleigh says:

I live in Atlanta and have been to a face-to-face ordering drive through but can’t remember which location it was. Honestly I found it to be kind of awkward and unnecessary. Didn’t seem to speed things up any. Excited to try that cheese sauce though, it looks delicious!!

11. Maddy says:

I work at a Chick-fil-ae in Colorado. We do face-to-face ordering at my store during our busiest day hours. The Cheese sauce came out in Denver in September, but stores in the springs are not yet using it. I think the sauce is amazing.

12. Maddy says:

Oh and the reasoning behind face to face ordering is that it’s a lot easier to take the order when you can see the person, easy to make changes and help with the menu. Face to face at our store has two people outside taking orders, and they leapfrog so that they can take orders faster. By the time you get to the window, the food is always ready and the process goes a lot faster. When doing drive thru with a box, were able to get about 110 cars an hour. Face to face ordering gives us about 20-30 more.