Testing: Seasoned Sweet Potato Curly Fries from Burger King

Spotted by GrubGrade reader Steven in Massachussets… Seasoned Sweet Potato Curly Fries from Burger King.

Just saw this at my local Burger King in Fairhaven, MA. Thought I’d share in case GrubGrade hasn’t been made aware of it yet. The seasoning is odd. They certainly taste different from the standard sweet potato fries that they have been selling. The seasoning blend is almost cinnamon like in taste.

19 comments on “Testing: Seasoned Sweet Potato Curly Fries from Burger King

1. Rich says:

Ryan, I like the standard sweet potato fries over these BK Sweet Potato Curly Fries.

2. Manavee says:

I had these today in Illinois, so maybe it is a nationwide roll out.

The seasoning is definitely cinnamon (I think there is also some salt as well). I actually liked the taste quite a bit, and I’m not usually a huge fan of sweet potato fries. Unfortunately, the fries were served half a degree above room temperature….Burger King wouldn’t be Burger King without screwing something up, though.

3. Nic says:

Its a maple brown sugar seasoning. We cook ours to order bc they taste best when they are hot and fresh! Not all Burger Kings mess up orders!!! Try the new gingerbread shake…so delicious!

• pat says:

I had the sweet potato curly fries and the gingerbread shake today. both delicious. the cheeseburger was disgusting, as predicted. it’s been yrs since I ate at BK, now I remember why

4. Rob says:

worst burger king of all time. Fairhaven represent, yo!

5. mike says:

Burger King is not improving by flooding the market with all these new products they should focus on operations first.

• raiders757 says:

Agreed. They need to scale back their menu and try doing fewer things better. They have been prety much terrible for the past two decades. They need to revamp their customer service as well. Like Sortov mentioned below. BK is suffering through an identity crisis. Actually, I think a lot of fast food places are these days in trying to compete with the fast casual movement.

6. Rusty Shackleford says:

Meh. I would love if some other huge fast food joints moved in on Arby’s curly fries monopoly, but using sweet potatoes.. meh. Just personal opinion, but I love sweet potatoes, yet hate it when they’re salted and attempts are made to pass them off as normal fries. Curly fries just seems like a double blasphemy.

7. sortov says:

The identity crisis continues. But hell, curly fries are good

8. Joe says:

Another wave is here:
    Angry Whopper
    Wisconsin White Cheddar Whopper
    Sweet Potato Curly Fries
    Gingerbread Cookie Shake
    Gingerbread Cookie Sundae

The Wisconsin White Cheddar Whopper SINGLE has 950 calories and 62 grams of fat (do they put 4 slices of cheddar on there or something)?

9. As a fan of sweet potatoes, I have yet to find them in fry form that are good. BK’s are some of the worst. Some things should be left alone.

10. kikurage says:

The color of these new curly fries looks so terrible like a fried in old oil. I want a store to make up their serving food. I lose appetite.

11. Brenda T says:

The new Sweet Potato Curly Fries are terrible! Especially when you’re expecting the sweet potato fries they were selling over the summer. Bait and switch at it’s best. I think they are even made with white potatoes but since they put some sugar and cinnamon on them, they think they can call them sweet potatoes. Not in my book. I’m done with Burger King.

12. MP says:

So this is what the food warehouse supplier offered this week, eh?

I remember when I first had Arby’s curly fries in 1990, they had a decent cinnamon hint to them. By 1991 it was gone.

13. They’re actual sweet potatoes. I honestly liked the sweet potato fries over the summer, and wanted to like these. Actually, I *did* like these. The problem was that they were “seasoned” with cinnamon and sugar. My doctor has put me on a no sugar diet, and that includes regular potatoes. I was looking forward to sweet potato fries seasoned like normal seasoned curly fries. I’m assuming (and hoping) I can ask for some without any seasoning but to add salt.

14. Ronnie says:

BK is so desperate as McD has really been kicking their ass the last few years (more than they normally do) so they are throwing out new garbage products every month. It’s funny as hell to watch

15. James says:

I just had them in Texas and thought they were good. The cinnamon caught me by surprise, but I was glad to taste something different from a fast food joint. I liked the Angry Whopper, too.

16. Philip says:

These were the worst curly fries I’ve ever had! I thought it was just a mistake with mine. They tasted like some kind of pastry like donuts but also like cinnamon. I could only eat two