New Cheddar Bacon Onion Sandwich from McDonald’s

As some of you already know, the latest flavor to join the McDonald’s menu board is the CBO… or Cheddar Bacon Onion.  The CBO can be built as an Angus Burger or Grilled/Crispy Premium Chicken Sandwich.  The “nationwide” debut was apparently set for October 18th.  ***UPDATE:  Read our FULL REVIEW of the Cheddar Bacon Onion Angus.

Have you spotted the CBO?  The details:

The tasty new Cheddar Bacon Onion is all about customization and available to order as an Angus Burger with 100% USDA inspected beef OR a grilled or crispy Premium Chicken Sandwich! Whatever your CBO preference is, it will be stacked with two new premium toppings of white cheddar and grilled onions, and combined with our existing hickory-smoked bacon and topped with a creamy mustard sauce to create a one-of-a-kind taste experience.

15 comments on “New Cheddar Bacon Onion Sandwich from McDonald’s

1. Steven says:

LOL I was about to e-mail you guys about this!

I tried the Angus just a few minutes ago. The sauce was a bit… odd but good. It reminded me of the Arch Deluxe sauce from many years ago but I was disappointed I did not get more of it! The white cheddar cheese was creamy and melted more than the swiss cheese they offer on other sandwiches. Though I found it largely flavorless the texture was nice! The bacon was hardly noticeable which is unfortunate given how much better the bacon is at other places like BK and Wendy’s. I found the onions to be the best part by far!

2. James says:

Yea…I’ve tried the chicken version and while I thought it was decent, out of principle I’d skip it purely based on how much I dislike mcd’s bacon. I don’t know who developed their bacon-cooking procedure but overcooking bacon under a bacon press until it comes out the consistency of ‘burnt pork brittle’ is not the path to bacon-y goodness.

3. mike says:

I had one the Angus CBO the other day it was ok but since McD has not had a new burger in years kind of a let down. At $4.89 in Los Angeles a bit pricey this it only 10 cents less than five guys and now where near the quality or size.

4. CulinaryZerg says:

BOOOOOOOOO! The original CBO is commonly regarded as McDonald’s best sandwich in Europe, if not globally. Check out this link:

In addition to crispy chicken and bacon, it’s got crispy onions, bacon-pepper cheese, bacon-chicken mayo, all on a special bacon & onion topped bun! It even looks unique.

Instead of porting this universal masterpiece directly to the U.S., they give us this embarassing minor derivative of their standard, terrible Angus or Chicken. Standard crap bun,with standard crap white cheese, and standard crap onions. And mustard.

Way to fail McDonalds. You guys suck and I hope this sandwich bombs so you bring over the genuine article.

5. Mattitude says:

What the hell is the creamy mustard sauce…sounds gross!

6. Dave says:

I have never been a fan of the type of bun used on the Angus Burger line, though I might give this a try sometime.

7. JF says:

I didn’t really care for their Angus burgers (prefer Carls Jr. over anyone other FF fast burger – not including FC). But this does sound interesting and think I might give it a try. I may opt for the chicken as I actually do like their “premium” cripsy chicken sandwiches. In fact I used to love their spicy version which they stopped years ago (and a spicy McChicken just doesn’t cut it).

Looking forward to other comments and a review to see how this stacks up to their other Angus burgers.

8. Scrape says:

Was at a McD’s today for the buy one-get one for a penny in Maryland. No mention of the BOC on the menuboards.

9. Justin ST says:

It was ok. Didn’t rock my world or anything.

10. Rainbow Blitz says:

I had the Cheddar Bacon Onion Cripsy Chicken Sandwich a few times it was really good

Plus its been out over here in Newark,NJ for a little over a month.

11. Larry says:

This sounds like a pretty good burger…if I make it at home. The ingredients sound like a good plan but McD’s burgers are tasteless and bland regardless of how you dress them.

12. Mary says:

Mike, I think Five Guys burgers are rather pricey and don’t even come with fries. McDonald’s might not be world class stuff but I think this will probably be my new favorite burger.

13. Yaegs says:

I would rather have a McDonalds burger than five guys greesy burger that slips off your bun with a side of fries so full of oil the bag changes color. I thought the cheddar bacon onion was an upscale backyard burger.

14. Ronnie says:

I had one today and thought it was awesome. Great new sandwich McD!!!

15. Neko says:

Tried it but wouldn’t get it again. I had the crispy chicken one. No bells and whistles and rather dry.