New Wendy’s Logo Coming in 2013

Wendy’s restaurants will be undergoing some design upgrades over the next few years and the company logo will see its first update since the early 1980’s.  It’s all part of a reinvention process that will see such changes as updated and renovated restaurants, new employee uniforms and introductions of whole wheat buns and flatbreads.  Source: Candace Choice / AP Food Industry Writer   March 2013 is when we should first be seeing the beginning stages of the new-look and new logo.  So what do you think of the new logo?

Thoughts?  Opinions?  Discuss!

32 comments on “New Wendy’s Logo Coming in 2013

1. icedus says:

I’m less interested in the logo than in that bit about the whole-wheat buns. Will they be mandatory? Will they be good?

2. Will the softer colors and pseudo-cursive logo soften the employees up from their usual heartless SOB attitude?

3. I thought they had new uniforms when I went into our local one the other day. It seemed more… casual, actually. They all had polo shirts on, and it was weird.

I don’t care about the new logo. It looks pretty similar to the existing one, and as long as I can which restaurant it is… I don’t care.

I’m intrigued by the new whole-wheat buns (are they REALLY whole-wheat or are they cheating and just adding whole-wheat to the existing bun?) and flatbreads.

4. Mike N. says:

I still want one of those cool “Where’s the Beef?” t-shirts!

5. Carrie N says:

i only care if all the changes make it so i can’t get my beloved spicy chicken sandwich on a delicious white bun.

6. Nathan says:

Looks like the apostrophe is accurate on their business sites.

7. Jon H. says:

I don’t mind the less Pippi Longstocking-esque Wendy, but I wish they would keep the font from the current logo; it’s distinct, and recalls happy childhood meals from the SuperBar. So…six of one, a half-dozen of the other?

8. J says:

That’s the best they could do?

9. Raposin says:

I like the new logo. I also like that they’re doing whole wheat. It is so much better for you. Plus I don’t think people will be able to tell the difference.

10. MP says:

When I saw that Wendy’s logo, first thing that came to my mind was “Chick-fil-A”. An unprofessional, loose red Comic Sans font looks completely amateurish & will look dated in 10-15 years. I didn’t like Arby’s new logo of mismatched 3-D hat with flat Adidas font or the Ebay “Macy’s” style logo, and I certainly don’t like this.

These companies better be careful with all the rebranding – Burger King redesigned their logo in 1999 & it was about when things really started going downhill. These new logos are going to be associated with 2012 of higher prices, smaller portions & lower quality items.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

• Justin ST says:

Well, it may not have been the logo, but the management that did that.

• Lindsay - Iowa Girl says:

Agree – unprofessional and loose Comic Sans. Blah. Very amateur. The old logo has a charm to it – old fashioned hamburgers and the font/style fit it perfectly. It was classic. This is just another crap logo trying to be “hip” and looking like all the other crappy “hip” logos out there. Nothing unique about it.

11. Justin ST says:

Dave is rolling in his grave at how the corporate morons have ruined his business.

• MP says:

You know, I’m reminded of Dave’s “Where’s the Beef” campaign. Where those little burgers they parodied back in 1984 would pass for today on their cheapest burgers on the value menu. I still really like their chili, but they only fill the cup about 3/4ths up. Granted they’re doing me a favor by not giving me all that sodium-laced chili, I still feel ripped off. And no, I won’t feel better if they give me same / slightly larger beef patties at larger prices. They can make burger patties thicker while using the same amount.

12. Scrape says:

WWDW
    What woulld Dave do? Not this, I can assure you. While the new restaurants look great, the new logo (I can’t believe they paid money for it) is so generic. The font is uncreative and dull, and is too far from the original to make a brand association. Even the architecture of the new stores doesn’t match the core pricipals of the brand, layed out by one Dave Thomas. It is too far away from their roots.

13. Justin ST says:

BTW, I have never had a problem with Wendy’s restaurants. I’ve never found anything about it to be outdated. Since I eat fast food a lot at work, I’ve become critical of a lot of places, and McDonald’s is one of the worst. It has the fakest food. Wendy’s is pretty good and enjoyable…for now. They need to bring their old fries back though. I fear the worst now that the corporate goons now think new uniforms, among other things, is going to revive the company. Get real.

• MP says:

McDonald’s, Burger King & Wendy’s – the longest tenured staples in my town. McD’s – always packed for no good reason; BK – deserted with good reason & btw next door to a high school(!) and Wendy’s – it’s still around, never packed but the food is most consistent & has never let me down. But Wendy’s is slipping. Their fries are worse, their portions are shrinking and this rebranding & new image is just a gimmick. 19 times out of 20 I do the drive-thru so uniforms & interior restaurant atmosphere doesn’t matter to me – the food matters most. I feel they’re just trying to nickel & dime us while on a marketing campaign. And apparently, burgers are more expensive in some markets than others & that’s before sales tax. The people who own Wendy’s now are in it solely for the money & a profit grab. There is no heart or integrity anymore.

14. Sam says:

I prefer the old logo. The new Wendy looks like she’s having a hard time seeing, like she might need contacts.

15. Shawn says:

I’m keeping this short but I would careless cause either logo, Only reminds me of Pippi Longstocking.

16. Mr Moonlite says:

Ahhhh…the Super Bar!

17. edh says:

FINALLY! That old logo is the reason I stayed away, not the terrible burgers and fries.

18. Brenda Pettitt says:

I prefer a Brat Pitt

19. Bill says:

Does anyone remember the super bar, it had salad, pasta, and potato fixings all in one. I wish they would bring it back. It was good, it was cheap. The old tables with the old newspapers on them, they where classic, bring them back. Sometimes what worked in the past will work now.

20. If no one told me I never would have noticed. That being said the old logo is fine and better, it is the stores that are old and outdated and need to be revamped or torn down and rebuilt.

21. raiders757 says:

Morgan Smith Goodwin gets my vote. :-)

22. Rebeka says:

I would LOVE the return of the super bar!

23. [...] logo, which was first unveiled in October, is part of Wendy’s ongoing brand transformation, which also includes the following new or [...]