Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr. Introduce Memphis BBQ Burger

Cheeseburger meats pulled pork… pun intended.  New at Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr. starting Wednesday, August 22nd, the Memphis BBQ Burger.  Priced at $3.79, may vary.

Smoked, pulled pork and a charbroiled beef patty come together in BBQ bliss with crispy onion strings, melting American cheese and Memphis-style BBQ sauce atop a sesame seed bun.

31 comments on “Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr. Introduce Memphis BBQ Burger

1. ljay says:

I’m generally not one to make negative posts but that is disgusting both in appearance and ingredients.

• anonymoose says:

I’m not generally one to judge other people’s likes and dislies but your comment makes you sound like a whiny vegan.

• ljay says:

lmao – your name is anonymoose and I sound whiny?

I eat vegans. Apparently you’re not familiar with my blog ;-)

:-0

• Robert says:

Anonymoose, that’s one of the most paranoid-ly anti-vegetarian posts I’ve ever seen. How did you make THAT leap?

Love meat. This looks REVOLTING. Like, absolutely disgusting.

• Cool name says:

Your vegan blog sounds like one I would visit to make jokes about, this sandwich looks good.. Durh.

2. Kevin D says:

just feels like too much…and the worst part about it is that this is the “best” this burger will look. I can only imagine what my local Hardee’s will construct …..

3. Noodlez says:

That sounds amazing and looks amazing in the promo photos. However the in the wild testing version photo I saw didn’t look so good. And it’s likely the same BK pulled pork wet cat hair. I’m still however a bit interested in trying it.

4. JF says:

I agree with ljay. I like Carl’s Jr, but that just doesn’t look to appetizing and seems like too much food for a sandwich.

• ljay says:

Yedah, I’m a Hardees fan and they have the best fastfood (1/3 lb) cheeseburger around right now imo.

• JF says:

I agree. As far as FF places (forget about the fast casual, or places like Smashburger (which is where I am), Five Guys, etc. I do think they have the best burger on the FF menu.

5. JadeTora says:

As I’ve said in the past on my own Blog, this isn’t Memphis. It’s not Memphis unless it’s riddled with bullet holes AND OR filling YOU with bullet holes.

My source for this knowledge? Unfortunately I live in Memphis right now.

6. Bob Smith says:

I’d try this if they dropped the beef and made it a plain pulled pork sandwich.

7. LilyA says:

yuck! that pork looks like human flesh :/

8. rob says:

Looks like they got all four meat groups in that sucker, beef pork pork and pork.

9. Chris S. says:

Pulled pork and burger seems like an odd combination.

10. Crysta says:

One or the other please… pulled pork and burgers don’t mix.

11. Sam Fu says:

Needs bacon

12. Jake Blues says:

I’d crush that thing if it had some slaw on it…

13. Retart says:

Remove the patty, add coleslaw, gg.

14. jenne says:

Can’t believe all the negative nellies here… do you people just hate fast food, or food in general? Are you all health nuts? That LOOKS great.. I just had one today, of course it doesn’t look in person like in the ad, but it just needs a bunch more of those onions and it would be very good. I loved the smokey/sweet flavor of the pork/beef/bbq combo.

15. Jade says:

I think expecting pulled pork to look pretty is a mistake, no? If it was bacon instead y’all would be all over that.

16. Mike says:

I tried this today because I recieved a free coupon at my local Carls jr. To my suprise it was excellent very hearty you dont need a side of fries with this one.

17. Roger says:

Tried this today too. Got the 1/3 lb in case the bbq was paltry. Just happened to grab it upside down, bbq on top and then that sauce became the only flavor. Potent sauce. Certainly saw the burger but it came across as just a big pulled pork sandwich. Flipped it halfway thru and it leaned to the onion taste. Total for small combo was $7.90 and I had to make a few excuses why to myself. It was OK, but probably will get double cheeseburgers special next time instead.

18. rads says:

I just ate this thing and it tasted pretty good. Didn’t look good at all, super thin and not much pork, but it wasn’t bad. BUT $9.00 FOR COMBO ARE YOU CRAZY?!

I took a bunch of pics if anyone wants to see them

19. Jessica says:

This seriously turns my stomach. The idea of a hamburger patty WITH bbq is disgusting. This was a terrible idea. I drove by my local Hardee’s today and saw a picture of this on the window and completely lost my appetite.

20. Patrick says:

This tasted great actually. I went to Carl’s Jr. pretty late into the night and they were just cleaning up the place. I was the only customer when I got this burger and took it home. Unwrapped it, and it honestly didn’t look like much but I took a bite anyways. The consistency of the burger with the pulled pork was surprisingly good, and the onion strings were actually crispy compared to the Steakhouse Burger I got a few months back which ended up soggy as soon as I came home (YMMV for this though). Overall, I enjoyed the burger and I would definitely get it again later on in the future.

21. Seattle Sue says:

They have a Memphis burger at the cheesecake factory that is very similar. Burger patty,pulled pork topped with coleslaw and a pickle. It is my fav burger on the menu! The combo may seem odd but when u add the right texture contrast it is really yummy. Don’t think I’ll be trying Carls Jr version as I cannot justify paying 9 bucks for a fast food burger.

22. kikurage says:

Img pic looks very good, but I will select another burger. In real seeing, this burger will be suggestive of high calories , metabolism and stomach ache. I will lose all appetite. I want some fresh vegetable on this burger.