Poll: Who has the Best Bacon in Fast Food

My recent review of the Son of Baconator from Wendy’s sparked an interest in starting a poll to figure out who has the best bacon in the fast food world.

I compiled a list of 9 popular fast food restaurants that serve bacon and also put the option to select “Other”.  Feel free to leave your own personal top bacon list in the comments or just tell us how you voted.

49 comments on “Poll: Who has the Best Bacon in Fast Food

1. Noodlez says:

I had to vote other. But it would be Braum’s but they are a regional chain only. That operates within a 300 mile radius of Tuttle, Oklahoma

2. Brandon says:

Wendy’s. /end

3. I don’t really like any of the bacon at fast food restaurants. Most of it is undercooked and has too much fat. There is a restaurant chain called Backyard Burger that is here in NC (maybe other places…not sure) & there was one in Boone, NC where I went to college at Appalachian State. They had great bacon!

• MP says:

“Most of it is undercooked and has too much fat”

That’s how I like my bacon: soft, chewy & fatty with some grease still left on. Done but not too done. Overcooked crispy & dry bacon is the for birds.

• Ryan (not Grubgrade Ryan) says:

BYB is the best! Unfortunately, I heard (have not verified) they no longer have seasoned fries.

• Very sadly, I no longer live in Boone & the town where I live does not have a Backyard Burger. I really loved their grilled chicken sandwich with pineapple and their chili! That’s sad about the seasoned fries….

4. M86 says:

I don’t get bacon too often at fast food places, but I’ve always found the bacon at Culver’s to be really good.

5. Chris says:

Jimmy John’s has some incredible bacon for a fast food place.

6. Jack says:

1) Culver’s
    2) Wendy’s
    3) Hardee’s

Everyone else serves undercooked shoe leather.

7. Matt says:

I am eating a baconator right now so I am kind of biased… Wendy’s!

8. MrGinghamShirts says:

I selected Other for Five Guys.

9. Jeff says:

1. Sonic
    2. Wendy’s
    3. Arby’s

Sonic is way far ahead of everyone else when it comes to bacon.

10. Chefprotoss says:

A&W hands down wins for me. Also, lol at BK coming in second.

11. Sascha says:

The best bacon was the peppered piece that McDonald’s used on their Arch Deluxe in the 90′s.

These days, all of them have stepped up their bacon to at least be above craptacular levels, and I usually get it best from Rally’s.

• rondoman says:

OMG this 100%!!!!

The circular peppered bacon on the Arch Deluxe is something I miss way too much.

Still think the Arch Deluxe was one of the best fast food burgers ever.

12. steve1 says:

if you’ve never had a BLT from arby’s, it’s a fast food bacon revelation.

wendy’s has great bacon too.

mcd’s bacon is good as well but it’s so thin and they give you so little you hardly notice it.

• Bob in Texas says:

I agree on the mickey d’s comment steve1……I have had to take mine back several times and basically demand a free side of bacon to put on my sandwich that is supposed have bacon!

13. Mike says:

Other for Five Guys

14. Meg says:

I have to second Jimmy John’s. I’ve always received crispy, crunchy, flavorful bacon when I’ve ordered it there. Oddly enough, it looks just like the bacon Subway uses, but it has a completely different taste and texture. Delicious!

15. Paul says:

I voted Wendy’s, but notable nods to Five Guys and one of my favorites just because of their bacon, Jimmy Johns.

16. Mike N. says:

I voted for Jack in the Box in the spirit of the poll, but Denny’s has some really great bacon if you consider them ‘fast food’ (which I think they are in spirit, if not in marketing-segment)

17. Steven says:

Five Guys is good… but I don’t consider them FAST food. Neither do I consider Jimmy John’s to be fast.

• Ryan says:

Agreed on Jimmy John’s, they are more fast-casual I’d say (in quality/price/lack of drive-thru). That said, they are the absolute fastest in terms of service and delivery IMO.

18. Nick says:

None of the above. Five Guys, if they count.

19. Alex says:

The people that voted Wendy’s have not had Arby’s … it’s not even close.

20. Bob says:

I don’t like bacon.

21. ThinKing says:

5 Guys Burgers!

22. Ray says:

Can’t go wrong with Arby’s or Wendy’s. I remember getting good bacon at Roy Rogers too. I’ll have to check out Jimmy John and Sonic soon.

23. JF says:

From the initial list, and thinking about other FF places, I choose Wendy’s (Damn you Baconator)! lol

There are other places I’d rank higher, but they fall into the fast casucal and/or restuarants.

A few examples:

Smashburger : I love their bacon.
    Chili’s : I love their Southern Smokehouse Bacon Burger

I am surprised with some of the other results, but knowing the poll is still open, looking forward to the final results. I am surprised where BK initially ranked on the list, but nowhere near Wendy’s and falling fast.

Someone commented about Arby’s. I don’t eat there much (been a few years since I have been there and if I go there would get a roast beef sandwhich which I don’t do with bacon – maybe I’m missing something).

But everyone has their own opinion. And if you’re used to shoe leather, that may be your prefrence.

But if it’s crispy, and love the peppered / applewood smoked bacon, you miles will vary.

24. rondoman says:

Bacon isnt good unless its crispy and crunchy with every bite.

25. drpep says:

My friend would say Five Guys.

26. Jones says:

jimmy johns BLT is pretty darn tasty so add me to the fan club

27. Mikey D says:

Props to everyone that actually answered the question with one of the options instead of saying some local chain that 90% of us haven’t ever heard of, let alone try.

28. SmoledMan says:

The best bacon is the pre-cooked one Trader Joes sells. Just stick that in the toaster for 2 minutes and slap it on any burger for the best bacon ever.

29. jenne says:

Del Taco’s jalapeno bacon that they use in their fat breakfast taco is the best I’ve ever had.

30. Athena says:

Uh, lol, how do you vote?

I don’t think I’ve had bacon at a fast food. (Did I fail too, Griffin??)

31. Zachary Jacob Zblewski says:

A&W.

Seriously.

32. [...] the other day was “I’ve got to revisit the bacon”.  Recent comments in our Bacon Poll had put my mind on going with the Club Lulu.  I blame my incredible hunger that day for ending up [...]