Infographic: Serving Sizes Around The World, Then and Now

Thought this might interest you.
Serving Sizes Around the World

8 comments on “Infographic: Serving Sizes Around The World, Then and Now

1. Rick says:

A 10″ quesadilla does not have double the calories of a 5″ quesadilla, it has more. That kind of math invalidates the whole thing for me, and makes me want to get a big gulp. And some taco bell.

2. KTK says:

Errr, Even with the large portion sizes here, I find it HIGHLY unlikely that the average American consumes nearly 3,800 calories a day. I also don’t believe the increase of those sizes are nearly as drastic as they claim. 20yrs ago was only 1992. I was born in ’86, and I don’t remember sodas ever being 8oz. They were always in 12oz aluminum cans.

Their “original” Quesadilla that is only 540 calories seems somewhat reasonable. Then you hear about the SCARY one nowadays that supposedly contains 1,080 calories. Fast food joints must be terrible, right? Taco Bell -> 520, Taco Johns -> 520, Red Burrito.. even from Hardee’s -> 620.

I have no problems with nutritional awareness or obesity prevention, but some of these graphs I’ve seen are just a little overblown.

3. Manavee says:

If there was no demand for larger potion sizes, companies wouldn’t offer them.

People who try to blame the restaurants are missing the point entirely. We have no one to blame but ourselves for our gluttony.

4. Biff McGee says:

“Information provided by: insurancequotes.org” I don’t dig.

5. kikurage says:

It is a very interesting report and infographic. But, Fast food is “big and high calories”, thus I want to eat madly.

6. Kevin says:

bagel 3 inch diameter

what the ****

7. Chefprotoss says:

I agree with this post and all the comments. We live in a world of excess. Pointing the finger is damn near impossible, and odds are nothing will change. Catalysts are hard to come by.

Great post Ryan.