What’s Your Favorite Breakfast Spot?

In a matter of a couple of days, I managed to have two amazing breakfasts. It got me thinking of the best breakfast spots in the country and what must I check out if I’m ever in your hometown. I recall a killer falafel omelet in Cleveland Heights, Ohio that I’ll not soon forget. Yesterday had me at Magnolia Cafe in Austin, TX enjoying gingerbread pancakes chock full of pecans and a breakfast nachos of sorts… migas packed with scrambled egg, tomato, onion, peppers, tortilla chips and cheese. Also, the side bacon was thick and peppery. Perfect.

This morning’s breakfast at Breakfast Klub in Houston, TX could be considered breakfast, lunch or dinner. Wings & Waffles… check. Katfish & Grits… check. Also a cup of gravy for the biskit on the side. I’ve never been a big fan of grits, but these were awesome… thick, buttery, cheesy. Worth the waiting in line outside for about 45-minutes.

So where would you recommend the best breakfast can be found? What’s your favorite breakfast spot?

27 comments on “What’s Your Favorite Breakfast Spot?

1. I love Moose Cafe in Asheville, NC!!! It is located right beside of the farmer’s market in Asheville. When you sit down, they bring a big basket of fresh-baked biscuits and homemade apple butter!

2. JF says:

No pictures, and don’t think you can attach to posts.

But here in Denver, I love Steubens. A Great brunch menu. The last time I was there got the chicken fried steak (with eggs, hasbrowns, etc). A real filling meal. In fact I thought I got half a cow with the steak. OK, not quite that much, but their portions are real generous.

3. JF says:

No pictures, and don’t think you can attach to posts.

I also like Racines, Toast and Snooze.

4. Ciz Unit says:

Tie between The Jefferson Diner in Jefferson, NJ or Grannys in Hamburg, NJ.

• Bob says:

The Jeff Diner? Really? You need to branch out more! ;-)

Heard great things about Granny’s though, gotta make it up there one day….

• Ciz Unit says:

Really most NJ Diners you can’t go wrong with, but when I lived in North Carolina Waffle House was it, in Syracuse NY must go to Mother’s Cupboard Fish Fry & Diner and in Pittsburgh is pamelas

5. Old School Mike says:

The best thing I remember about living in Pottstown, PA is the Pottstown Diner, “home of the 99 cent breakfast”. Two eggs, home fries and toast for just 99 cents. My dad and I used to go there and get two breakfasts and coffee, all that including tip would come out to less than five dollars, best breakfast deal ever!

-OSM

6. ultradave says:

I loves me some Magnolia Cafe, but, I am biased — I live a block away from it :)

7. Chefprotoss says:

The 2400 Diner in fredericksburg va has some of the best home fries I’ve ever had. Standard Greek diner fare, but done really well. I do believe it’s on some historical registry or something too.

8. Stephen Z. says:

When I lived in Atlanta, GA shortly; I’d say the Landmark Diner was my favorite breakfast, just cuz of the HUMONGOUS French toast lol

9. jenne says:

The Sandwich Works in Fresno, Ca. The don’t have a huge breakfast menu, but what they do offer is the best quality in every item. I’m usually NOT a pancake person, but their silver dollar pancakes are the best I’ve ever had.
    For humongous breakfasts try Batter Up Pancakes, also in Fresno.

• Sam Fu says:

I second the Moose Cafe

But Ryan, if you want that good, that true, that oooweee mmm…then you need to go to The Early Girl in Asheville, N.C. I cry every time I eat there.

10. Reviewscout says:

The Pioneer in Arlington, Texas is a childhood favorite of mine, I dunno if it has a chain or not but still- it’s far from the mainstream but offers your classic to the point breakfast menu items. I usually eat Brunch there so heh.

11. Bob says:

Maureen’s Country Kitchen in Smithtown, NY. Used to live 10 minutes from there, but moved to NJ. Now I only get out there like twice a year. And the dates are circled on my calendar because I can’t WAIT to get there!

Here in NJ, the Brownstone Pancake House in Jersey City is my top spot, with the Red Barn in Montville a not-to-distant second.

12. Tracy says:

Sun on the Beach in Sattelite Beach, FL has the best and most different menu I’ve ever encountered. First place we head when in town. I was sure there was no way they could pull off the menu but everything was amazing, fresh and so different. Not many places that offer so many unusual benedicts, every Southern favorite, the standards and many surprises thrown in.

Down the road a place called Barrier Jacks in Cocoa Beach is also very good and right out of Flo’s diner. Also Simply Delicious in Cocoa Beach, FL. They bake everything in house and everything is homemade and different. You can get really chunky in this town, too many great ways to start your day!

13. Rob B. says:

Orange in Chicago. Steak and Eggs Benedict with a balsamic drizzle. Served with home fries.

Incredible meal.

14. Matt says:

Over Easy in AZ. The wolfpack: eggs, bacon, cheese, in the middle of a mount of hashbrowns. They also have caramel pecan banana french toast which is amazing

15. John says:

Denny’s!

16. TJ says:

For those in Northern California, there’s a pretty good chain called Country Waffles. The menu’s not much different from Denny’s or Ihop, but the food is better for a similar price. They’re only open for breakfast and lunch, which is unfortunate, but I think they found a nice niche there. Obviously waffles are their specialty but I love everything there.

17. Ed H says:

Two words: Waffle House!

18. LowellDabney says:

Toulouse Petite in Seattle, Wa. Benedict Happy Hour!

19. maynardb61 says:

I lived and worked in Austin Tx. for a couple of years. There were indeed good places to eat in and just outside of town. Not much
    else though, unless you are a 20 something that enjoys the nightlife.
    Beautiful scenery on the outskirts in the Texas hill country.

20. Ken says:

In Memphis, I’d say Brother Junipers. I usually go for an open faced omelet & cheese grits. The grits are killer!

21. Athena says:

I’m not a big breakfast fan; this could be because I never grew up with home cooked stuff like biscuits, country ham, and so on.

I do like the Shoney’s 5 dollar breakfast buffet. Nothing from scratch but gives you what you want: Bacon, biscuits, potatoes, rice, etc.

22. LW says:

Houston love! Awesome!

23. Bernie Mac says:

Central NJ has a small chain called Turning Point. It’s definitely the best breakfast I’ve ever had. Lots of creative & healthy options.

24. […] (dipping sauce for the Onion Rings).  I have nothing against chicken and waffles… in fact I love it… but this sandwich is scary.  Popeyes just needs to step up and put some Chicken Waffle […]