Burger King Summer Menu Includes BBQ Sandwiches and Bacon Sundae

Earlier this year, we broke news of some interesting test market items at a Nashville Burger King.  Amongst the new items was the Bacon Sundae.

We reviewed the Bacon Sundae and it was apparently a solid seller because its expanded to a wider release today at participating BK locations.  Along with the Bacon Sundae, Burger King is on a “Summer Menu” campaign which includes other previously tested menu items like BBQ Sandwiches (Memphis, Carolina, Texas styles) with Pulled Pork, Whopper and Chicken all getting some love.  Frozen Lemonade and Sweet Potato Fries round out the limited time only offerings.

15 comments on “Burger King Summer Menu Includes BBQ Sandwiches and Bacon Sundae

1. Alex says:

I wonder if these are out at the BK near me…? Because I’m preeeetty hungry..

2. Raiders757 says:

BK has yet to get their flagship Whopper back to what is once was, so I can’t imagine them getting a pulled pork sandwich right. No f’ing way.

The Bacon Sundae does sound rather tasty though. Last I checked, it seems they got rid of that horrid fakon and tried to offer something that seems like actual bacon. I will be trying one of these for sure, as it has already been deemed as such by my wife.

3. Sandy says:

Can I just say Yuck about the bacon sunday? Yep, I just did.

4. Roger C. says:

I just had the bacon sundae. It doesn’t work at all. It’s awful.

5. Bob Smith says:

The Memphis pulled pork sandwich looks interesting. I’m not sure how this is Memphis BBQ, though, I always thought Memphis specialized in dry-rub bbq (as compared to St Louis, which is a wet-mopped bbq town).

The Texas BBQ Whopper tantalizes with what look like fresh jalapeño slices, but I am quite sure there’s no way BK serves anything other than no-heat pickled slices.

6. Kevin says:

I live in Maine and my BK had a Carolina BBQ whopper, what an amazing flavor.

7. Rick says:

Bacon Sundae was available at a local BK in Ashburn, VA. One decent sized piece, cooked medium well, along with probably 2/3 of another piece crumbled atop caramel and chocolate sauce with a decent amount of ice cream. Flavors married well together I thought, the bacon was classic bacon flavor, no maple or pepper or any noticeable seasoning. Paid 2.99. It was not on the regular menu screens but the panel with changing slides. It’s not something I’m going to add to my usual BK order but I think it was a nice novelty treat I might get again before the summer ends.

8. Matt says:

I got the Bacon Sundae yesterday and thought it was awesome. The crumbles on top were much smaller on mine than in the picture above. I thought at first that there wasn’t enough bacon so I tried to reserve some of it to get me through to the bottom, and turns out I didn’t need to because one crumble per bite was enough. But it was really tasty and I thought their new bacon was good, and went well with the fudge and caramel.

• Roger C. says:

That’s funny, I got mountains of bacon on mine. I think the way yours was made was how it was supposed to be.

9. Joey says:

I’ll try most of the new items. the new Whopper styles sound good.

Nutrition info for the new items:
    Carolina BBQ Whopper: 760 cal, 42g fat (16g sat), 1620mg sodium

Sweet Potato Fries (Small): 290 cal, 16g fat (2.5g sat), 530mg sodium
    Sweet Potato Fries (Medium): 390 cal, 21g fat (3g sat), 720mg sodium
    Sweet Potato Fries (Large): 450 cal, 24g fat (3.5g sat), 830mg sodium
    Frozen Lemonade (s/m/l): 70/80/100 cal, 17/19/25g sugars
    Frozen Strawberry Lemonade (s/m/l): 110/160/200 cal, 28/38/48g sugars

11. Diane says:

I tried both the sweet potato fries and the Carolina BBQ Tendercrisp today. I really liked the fries, though they were a bit saltier than BK’s regular fries. The chicken sandwich was only okay. I would have preferred it on a sesame seed bun rather than the one it came on. The bacon on the sandwich wasn’t great and it certainly was a messy one to eat with the sauces oozing out the sizes. Not bad, but I won’t have it again.

12. Kendra says:

Yesterday I tried the pulled pork and sweet potato fries with the bacon sundae the sandwich was delicious the fries were over done the sundae made me sick

13. [...] been rolling out new menu items left, right, and center. During the summer, they released three new Whoppers, plus sweet potato fries, and a questionable sundae that had bacon in it. This time around, they’re revamping their [...]

14. [...] with the BK Rib Sandwich we’ll see a new BBQ Chicken Salad and Buffalo Chicken Strips.  The Memphis BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich will make its return and bring with it the Carolina BBQ Whopper and Carolina BBQ Tendercrisp [...]