New P’Zolo from Pizza Hut

From the place that brought you the P’Zone… Pizza Hut now introduces the P’Zolo.  Kinda looks like a Hot Pocket to me.  Check it out:

The current promo is $3 each or 2 for $5.  What looks good?  Your 3 choices:

• Italian Steak P’Zolo: Freshly baked in a soft golden crust, filled with marinated steak, roasted peppers, onions and mushrooms then topped with Asiago cheese. Served with your choice of marinara or ranch dipping sauce.
  • Meat Trio P’Zolo: Freshly baked in a soft golden crust, filled with Italian sausage, pepperoni and ham then topped with Asiago cheese. Served with your choice of marinara or ranch dipping sauce.
  • Buffalo Chicken P’Zolo: Freshly baked in a soft golden crust, filled with tender grilled chicken breast strips covered in bold and spicy buffalo seasoning then topped with Asiago cheese. Served with your choice of marinara or ranch dipping sauce.

27 comments on “New P’Zolo from Pizza Hut

1. Allokago says:

Wow, these look amazing!

2. Natalie says:

That looks terrible.

3. Nick says:

How did they come up with that name?

4. Noodlez says:

It’s interesting, but I am waiting for real world pics and a few reviews first.

5. David says:

These look mediocre…

6. Rick says:

I hope thats some sort of cheese in the buffalo chicken one instead of ranch/bleu cheese

7. Zachary Jacob Zblewski says:

Pizza + Stromboli + Solo = P’Zolo?

8. Robert says:

Who in their right mind would say “Eh, instead of pizza, I’ll take 20 minutes to wait for someone to make me a Hot Pocket.” I mean come ON.

9. KTK says:

Is this Pizza Hut’s take on a Hot Pocket?

10. Mikey F Baby says:

Looks like a decision I would immediately regret.

11. Crysta says:

If the ends are open like that, wouldn’t the filling just ooze out?

12. SkippyMom says:

I like the photoshopped green peppers on the steak and cheese. They can’t even food style real food in their fake pics.

No thanks. :)

13. Super Eric says:

Reminds me of a Costco Chicken Bake.

14. Evan says:

I had the Italian Steak P’Zolo and Meat Trio today for lunch they are pretty good, I liked the Steak better tho.

15. Jack Reynolds says:

Pizza Hut has a two for $5 deal, and I took advantage of it last night. I got the Meat Trio and the Italian Steak. Considering how far five bucks goes at a lot of fast food places, it’s a pretty good deal.

I tried each p’zolo with the ranch and the marinara. The meat trio tasted better with the marinara, and the Italian steak did better with the ranch. They could both have benefited from 10-15% more filling, and maybe Double Dave’s pepperoni rolls taste a little better, but they were surprisingly good and easier to eat than a p’zone.

16. @graciHas says:

how big are these?

17. JF says:

It’s Pizza Hut. Does anyone really care? I don’t know where the name came from or what they are trying to do.

Maybe a stromboli alternative?

I have to say after looking at the pictures, it reminded me of Costco’s Chicken Bakes. Which I thing taste great (even the frozen / reheat ones they sell in the store).

I have no interest here, mainly because I have no interest in Pizza Hut.

Maybe this will work out for them, or will fade away faster than Vanilla Ice.

18. Sandy says:

They look really small and for $3 a piece I bet they are. Pizza Hut cracks me up, just concentrate on trying to make a pizza that doesn’t suck. Instead, they come up with all these new fangled things that also suck.

19. Anon A Mus says:

I picked up 4 p’zolos tonight: 2 buffalo chickens and 2 Italian steak. My first thought was a wish: I wished I knew which store sold those p’zolos advertised in promo picture.

My Pizza Hut disappointments measured about 6 to 7 inches in length, 1 and 1/2 to 2 inches wide, and 1/2 inch deep. Not bad except they were mostly bread and cheese.

The ‘buffalo’ chicken p’zolos had about 8 small cubes of plain chicken. With the absence of any spice, I don’t know what was ‘buffalo’ about this cheese stick of an appetizer – unless it’s Pizza Hut thinking, “How can we buffalo our customers out of more of their money?”

The good news is that the green pepper filler in my Italian steak was thicker than the bread. The bad news is that the bread was thicker than the layer of meat spread sparing throughout this bread roll.

All in all, $5 for 2 is not ‘zolo of a price. I would put these new offerings from Pizza Hut is at the tasty, almost-overpriced edge of food-for-value scale.

Oh, you do get your choice of marinara OR ranch. Note the “OR”. When I asked for both, the woman behind the counter looked at me as if I had just asked for McDonald’s fries.

Anyway, I hope this little comment helps!

20. Rick says:

Had the buffalo chicken tonight… wow. What a disappointment. Size: 6-8 inches. Appearance: Closed on both ends, save a little window in the top that was just production deformity. It was easier to eat than a hot pocket, but I’d rather have hot pockets. Taste: I had more chicken than a previous poster, but I wish I didn’t. Completely void of flavor, as if it wasn’t seasoned prior to cooking the chicken. Could have benefited from it being boneless wings halved. Not sure where the seasoning is, but not in mine. There was scant amounts of mozzarella. If I had to make suggestions, I’d say use better chicken and actual buffalo sauce. I’d pay 5-7 dollars for something that tasted better than that (a domino’s sub).

21. Joe says:

The Pizza Hut I work at started selling these on Tuesday. They looked pretty much like they did in the photo and were sealed on each end like they are supposed to be. The photo just shows them open so you can see the filling. We sold several orders that night. Wednesday, we were out of them and had to tell customers that who wanted them.

Seems like it’s going to be a big seller, especially for these late nights during or after the hockey game in the coming days. Summer is here and cheap food wins over the customers. Pizza Hut knows what they are doing with these.

To those above who said there was no flavor, I would try them again in a week or so. Could have been just a person making them who left out an ingredient because these are so new. We still have people at my PH location who don’t know the Cheesy Bites pizza comes with a cup of sauce.

• Zachary Jacob Zblewski says:

It’s pretty sad that a customer has to “try again in a week or so” in order to get the thing that is advertised. I know, it’s just Pizza Hut and not some “artisan” pizzeria, but still…

• Rick says:

Are you saying they are hand prepared to order, or that the folks in the commissary make them to ship out and are not doing it right? I seriously think the buffalo chicken one could benefit from actual buffalo sauce instead of buffalo “seasoning”. Even dipping it in the marinara couldn’t save the one I had, I hope you’re right about production evening out!

22. Sascha says:

Gotta love the first two comments.

“Wow, these look amazing!”

“That looks terrible.”

That about sums up the site, doesn’t it?

Pizza Hut stopped making good pizza years ago, but for the price these might make a decent lunchtime choice. Only reason to go to Pizza Hut these days is if there’s a Wingstreet included.

23. Bill says:

Ordered the meat one tonight, to me it was a small Pzone. Bonus point to my Pizza Hut for actually delivering it on time and it was still hot because normally they do not.