New Beefy Nacho Burrito from Taco Bell

Coming this week to Taco Bell, the new Beefy Nacho Burrito (UPDATE: Read our FULL REVIEW).  Looks to be a standard beef burrito with chips and melted cheese.  This is the first promotional menu item since the Doritos Locos Tacos.  We’ll bring you more info when we get it.  As tweeted by @DarrenRovell:

FIRST LOOK: Taco Bell launching Beefy Nacho Burrito on Wednesday: Nachos inside a burrito (99 cents)

Updated info:

What:
On May 23, Taco Bell will launch the Beefy Nacho Burrito for only 99¢, featuring seasoned beef, warm nacho cheese, cool sour cream and our NEW Queso Strips, all wrapped in a warm flour tortilla.  Like a plate of nachos, the Queso-seasoned strips are layered into this 6.7-ounce burrito, giving customers supreme texture while packing flavor to keep every fan’s summer delicious.

How Much:
The Beefy Nacho Burrito will be featured on television for 99¢! It will also be available in a $3.99 combo (Beefy Nacho Burrito, two Crunchy Tacos and a large drink) and a $5 Buck Big Hitter Box (Beefy Nacho Burrito, Burrito Supreme, Crunchy Taco and a medium drink), leveraging the brand’s Major League Baseball™ sponsorship (the $5 Buck Big Hitter Box will be featured in the MLB Fan Cave).

Exclusive Home Run Derby Game:
The $5 Buck Big Hitter Box gives fans the opportunity to play an exclusive Home Run Derby™ baseball game built from PlayStation’s popular MLB™ The Show 2012. The game will be available for free via the Taco Bell app for iPhone and Android. But when customers buy and scan the $5 Buck Big Hitter Box using the app, they will get to play as Adrian Gonzalez of the Red Sox. Scanning the cup will also unlock special features.

The Home Run Derby Online is an entirely new way to compete with other players on PlayStation Network (PSN). Fans can play against one or seven other users online (2-8 players simultaneously) with all players being able to see and swing at pitches at the same time while watching each hit – which is represented by multi-colored hit ribbons that stretch from home plate to wherever the ball lands.

25 comments on “New Beefy Nacho Burrito from Taco Bell

1. Noodlez says:

I’ll take 3 hold the sour cream.
    And hey Bell bring back the bellbeefer!!

2. Michael says:

I’m sure I’ll try this especially since it’s only $0.99. I like the nacho cheese in the burritos such as the Beefy 5 Layer so this will be a good buy IMO.

3. Justin ST says:

Taco Bell should focus more on their steak and quit pretending it costs so much more than their ground beef. We know it doesn’t.

• chris says:

Their steak sucks. After two revamps and it still being awful, I don’t have any faith in it at all. Thankfully all the rest is great.

4. Reviewscout says:

*sigh* I guess this is their weakest attempt at a new item. Hands down. The spicy crunch burrito was far, far more interesting.

5. Lap says:

Looks like the Fritos Burrito that I used to love back in the day.

6. rob says:

Will the chips be crunchy or soggy? That’s what will make or break this culinary extravaganza.

7. Nick says:

I wish Taco Bell would change up some of their ingredients more often… the constant re-arranging of whatever they have on hand is a little tiresome.

8. Joe Cool says:

Leave out the sour cream, add volcano sauce and now we’re talking…

9. TJ says:

For 99 cents I can’t complain. As usual with Taco Bell, I doubt this will be amazing, but their stuff is usually pretty tasty and filling for the price. I agree with Noodlez and Michael… hold the sour cream, but the nacho cheese sauce is good.

10. Mike N says:

I was wondering when we were going to get a new TB promo item. For a while there it seemed like they were coming every 4 to 6 weeks, but it’s been over 6 months since the Doritos Locos taco came out.

11. Sandy says:

I’m sorry but I really don’t get the appeal of chips inside a burrito.

12. Aaron says:

I agree with comments about the soggy Fritos (or “corn chips” inside the meat. I tried one of those Frito things and that was it.

About the Doritos Taco Locos. I’ve had two of them once a week since they came out, and lately I have noticed a definite decrease in the nacho cheesiness of the shell. Is it just me or are they going cheap on the application of cheese powder??

13. Jon says:

I’ll probably order 3 first time I try these to figure out how I like it. One unchanged, one w/o sour cream, and one w/o sour cream and w/ lava sauce

14. jenne says:

I liked the spicy version of this, so I’ll probably like this one too…and I agree with Noodlez… bring back the bell beefer! used to be my goto item at TB.

15. Rachel says:

I had this today. Kinda boring. Added lots of hot sauce. Good buy for .99 cents but that’s it.

16. musicfan792 says:

not “reduced fat” sour cream? Wow, Taco Bell is giving us the goods!

17. hmm says:

At 0.99 cents this is probably the only thing I will buy at TBell (assuming it doesnt suck) until it goes away since even a tiny soft taco is usually 1.29. Also WTF is up the the 5 dollar box, these aren’t even a remotely good deal and you can almost buy everything off the menu at that price. Drink is a buck, Crunchy Taco is a buck, Burrito is a dollar, and the burririto supreme is like 2 on the menu. Tell those cheap bastards to put back in the cinnamon twists in the box to make it worthwhile

18. Ron says:

This appeared on a Disney TV show in 2002…Kim Possible, it was Ron’s idea in Buenos nacho