New at Red Robin: Red’s Tavern Double Burger and Tavern Styles

New at Red Robin starting today is Red’s Tavern Double Burger.  The burger is $6.99 with bottomless steak fries.  You can also upgrade Red’s Tavern Double Burger with your choice of Tavern Style for just $1.00 for a limited time.  Which Tavern Style would you go for?

Red’s Tavern Double is a fire-grilled double burger topped with American cheese, fresh lettuce, tomato and Red’s Secret Tavern Sauce on a toasted sesame bun.  Accompanying this “classic” version of Red’s Tavern Double are three Tavern Styles to satisfy burger lovers’ taste for something a bit more tangy, spicy or truly bacon-inspired.

• Cantina Jack Style – In a nod to the Southwest, a green chili aioli, roasted green chiles and Pepper-Jack cheese give this Tavern Style a distinctive regional flavor.
  • Pig Out Style – A bacon-lover’s dream, this Tavern Style features a creamy bacon aioli paired with strips of hardwood-smoked bacon.
  • Buzzalo Style – A kickin’ addition to the Tavern Styles that combines Red Robin’s tangy Buffalo Sauce with crumbled Bleu cheese, Bleu cheese dressing and crispy celery straws.

19 comments on “New at Red Robin: Red’s Tavern Double Burger and Tavern Styles

1. SmoledMan says:

I like the part about bottomless steak fries – I could eat 50-60 in a sitting with 2-3 of those pub burgers. Polish it off with a large milkshake and I’m ready to party!

2. TheHerdy says:

The Red Robin answer to a Double Double?

• Jimmy James says:

Heh, that’s actually how I read it initially.

In any case, while I usually go for the fish & chips, these look really good–especially the Cantina Jack

3. Adam M. says:

I’d be interested in trying the first two. Not a big fan of blue cheese crumbles here, but I am simply FASCINATED by “crispy celery straws”…!!

4. DH350nWo says:

Had the Cantina Jack version today. The green chile aioli was good, but nothing spectacular. The green chile was finely chopped, and likely from a can. The pepper jack was not overpowering and added the right texture. I didn’t have the lettuce or tomato on mine, but I think it may have actually taken away from the over all experience if I had.

The burger itself was actually on the smaller side, even with the 2 patties. But for 7.99 WITH bottomless fries you can’t really go wrong. I would have spent that much at the Carls Jr. across the street for a large combo.

5. wenkie says:

I went to a local Red Robin to try out their burgers- was very dissapointed. Burger King has a better hamburger, and that’s not saying much.

For the ‘Bottomless Fries’ I had to wait 20 mins for and my basket had parts that were still frozen. Nothing like biting into a half frozen fry when you are hungry…. :(

The fries were dissapointing however I was more dissapointed by the quality the burger there.

• Joe Cool says:

Serious? They were still frozen? I hardly believe that. Even if that’s true, the burger was more disappointing than that? Your review makes no sense.

• Joe Uncool says:

Joe Cool — your comment that wenkie’s review makes no sense is what makes no sense. Obviously, it was wenkie’s opinion that the RR burger was not as good as a less expensive fast-food burger, and since the burger is the main psrt of the meal and the fries are just a side item, that is why wenkie was more disappointed by the burger than by the frozen fries.

• Frozen fries are no good! Please send us the details / location at http://www.redrobin.com/contactus so we can follow up directly.

Marcie
      Red Robin

• Frank says:

You must have been at the Evansville, IN restaurant. The server made my experience, same as yours, even more memorable by making me feel that I was bothering her. It’s tough when your $9 hamburger doesn’t measure up to Sonic or Burger King.

6. Bobert says:

The Tavern Burger wouldnt be worth it without the Bottomless Steak Fries. ( i have tried all 3 )

its just a normal double burger that just tastes ok ( as compared to Red Robbins other burgers )

Also, its considerably smaller then the other Red Robin Burgers

7. Thanks for your feedback here! The new Red’s Tavern Double Burger is a value-priced menu item we offer our Guests at an everyday price of $6.99 which includes our Bottomless Steak Fries.

We are happy to offer this as a new permanent option on our menu, for those Guests desiring value, variety, and another option to our signature-sized burgers.

Marcie
    Red Robin

8. PrefersStraightTalk says:

Signature-size, really? What does that mean? Transparency does wonders. How about giving them a descriptive name, like Value-size is 1/3lb and signature is 1/4lb?

9. Lawrence C says:

Went to local Red Robin (San Mateo) to try new tavern burgers, specifically pig out style. Had to wait over half an hour for our food. Meanwhile, two tables seated about 10 minutes after us had already received their meal. When our food came, burgers were barely warm and fries were cold. No apologies for the wait. No water refill. How’d the burger taste? A little soggy.

10. Amanda says:

I think it’s funny how huge this burger looks on TV but when I ordered it it looked like a glorified slider. This is Red Robin not White Castle. $7.99 was ridiculous for the sandwich I got. I get that this is a promotion, but when I have ordered promotional burgers in the past they were at least twice the size of this one.

11. jim says:

Marcie – if you are reading this or anyone from the company is. we went to the Greensburg PA RR last evening, had the Tavern burger & the other diner had the Buzzalo. These were delicious with the Buzzalo being outstanding, much better bleu flavor than your regular Black & Bleu burger. We cant wait to go back (we live over an hour away) to enjoy these again.

12. DealChaser says:

PrefersStraightTalk gets to my concerns. RR has been offering promotional prices for some burgers. That is typically the only time I think the burgers are reasonable. Now, the Tavern is carrying the usual promo price, but it has less meat. My waiter told me a standard burger is 6 oz and the two patties in the Tavern combine for 5.2 oz. So, now, for $7, you can get two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, on a sesame seed bun, and unlimited fries. I assume a Big Mac is still less than $4.