Minibon from Burger King Begins National Rollout

The mini Cinnabon known as Minibon is expanding its release at Burger King locations and aims for a full rollout by September. From Marketwire:

Cinnabon, Inc. and Burger King Corp. today announced that Minibon® rolls will be served at more than 7,000 BURGER KING® restaurants throughout the United States. The Minibon® roll is currently being served in several markets, including Charlotte, Chicago, Miami, New Jersey and New York, and will expand regionally over the summer. The national rollout will be complete by September.

Served in Cinnabon® bakeries since 1987, the Minibon® roll is a smaller version of the Cinnabon® classic roll, featuring the same Makara® cinnamon and signature cream cheese frosting that is served in Cinnabon® bakeries today.

20 comments on “Minibon from Burger King Begins National Rollout

1. Natalie says:

Didn’t Burger King do small cinnamon rolls before? Cini-minis, I think..or was that another fast food place?

• Ryan says:

Yup, Cini-Minis are still on the online menu on the BK website too.

• Kal says:

Ciniminis were seriously my favorite food for breakfast from any restaurant. Actually I would say Burger King has the best breakfast… I hate that they replaced ciniminis with the damn minibon roll it seriously sucks compared to ciniminis… The amount of purchases I make at Burger King since the disappearance of ciniminis has decreased about 80%.. I wish there was a way they could just bring them back. Cinibon is good but not good enough… Bring back ciniminis

2. ChrisW says:

Ryan, did you review these and say they were not that great or was that someone else?

• Ryan says:

Wasn’t me. These look promising to me, but I haven’t tried them.

• Thistle says:

Were you thinking of Would I Buy It Again? maybe? They said:

The Burger King version reminds me of the really bad cinnamon rolls that you get out of a vending machine that is at the Jiffy Lube. These were barely warmed and were absolutely horrible. I ate one and tossed them. If you use the icing, you are looking at about 490 calories for this treat.

3. rondoman says:

How about eating a salad instead of this junk!

hehehe…

4. Manavee says:

These have been in the Chicago market for a month or two. I thought they were very good and a nice addition for Burger King’s breakfast menu.

There, I said something positive about BK.

5. JF says:

So now BK & TB are on the Cinnabon bandwagon? I love their cinnamon buns (from them directly). Haven’t tried the TB bites (not much of a morning / breakfast person) and doubt I’d try these, but good to see they are getting more exposure.

Even the Pillsbury unroll and bake cinnamon buns (made with real Cinnabun cinnamin – although not sure how it’s different than other cinnamin) are real tasty.

6. Lylat says:

I saw the regular cinnabon here in Newark,NJ i don’t remember seeing the mini’s.

7. wibia says:

Anything is better than the current CiniMinis.

8. Josh says:

Tried these this morning, The thing is about the size of 2 original ciniminis (half of an order) for twice the cost. it was not that amazing. The ones taco bell carries are very good.
    note: I have never had a cinibon from an actual cinibon franchise, so i do not know if either give are similar to the original.

9. Jeanette says:

These are thoroughly disgusting, nothing like a real Cinnabon. I’m surprised Cinnabon lot their name be used on them.

10. Heather says:

I agree with the last comment. Shocked Cinnabon let them use their name. They were awful, served cold, flipped sideways in the box & taste nothing like the original. Slightly oily, under cooked and nothing but over sweet frosting with little cinnamon.