New Chicken & Bacon Carbonara Artisan Pizza from Domino’s

A new entry to the line of Domino’s Artisan Pizzas has arrived.  Chicken & Bacon Carbonara joins the gang of Tuscan Salami & Roasted Veggie, Italian Sausage & Pepper Trio and Spinach & Feta. Have you tried the new Chicken & Bacon Carbonara Artisan Pizza?  Read our review of the original three.

Chicken & Bacon Carbonara: An inspired blend of our robust marinara and alfredo sauce, grilled chicken breast, smoked bacon, cheese, diced tomatoes, and a dash of oregano on an artisan-style crust. (13” x 9” rectangular pizza. Serves 2)

GrubGrade reader Steve just picked one up tonight:

24 comments on “New Chicken & Bacon Carbonara Artisan Pizza from Domino’s

1. Ryan says:

fyi. I just ordered this online. I then get a call from my local Domino’s that they don’t have the ingredients? They said it shouldn’t have been advertised on the website yet. Expected everywhere next week.

• Rall says:

Strange, because as far as I know they have all of the ingredients to make the pizza. Either your location is staffed with lazy highschool students, or they haven’t been given the memo yet as to how to add some alfredo sauce to the tomato sauce and the training necessary to cut a tomato.

• Anon says:

Oh, Dominoes has had the ingredients for this pizza for awhile. It’s the same ingredients that are used for the Chicken Carbonara pasta bowl, which Dominoes has offered for awhile.

I’ll bet it taste the same, too… and that’s not so much of a bad thing, as the chicken carbonara pasta bowl isn’t that bad.

2. SkippyMom says:

How did Steve like it?

I am mad at my Dominos right now. Ordering on line should NOT take 3 additional phone calls to get our simple order right. Sigh. So no thin & crispy for us until I can find another one for pick up.

Funny how a lot of people said on the last review that this was too small a size for two people. I certainly wouldn’t order form my family of 3, but it could easily fill up 2 of us. Then again I used to watch my first husband polish off a large pizza, by himself. He was 5’8 and 150 lbs. I always wondered where he put it. heehee

3. Roger C. says:

There ain’t nothing artisan about that.

All my local Domino’s are located in the most inconvenient areas. I’m not a fan of delivery. I usually just skip them. This looks like garbage.

• Joe Cool says:

Really? It looks like garbage? Come on…don’t be so pretentious.

• Roger C. says:

Domino’s claiming to offer “artisan” pizza is obnoxious.

• Joe Cool says:

Who really cares what its called, I still don’t get saying it looks like garbage. Looks like a normal fast food pizza.

• Bubbsy says:

Thanks for sharing your opinion, I’ll bet you’re someone people really enjoy being around…. and by the way, if there “ain’t nothing artisan about that” – you are saying there is something artisan about it.

4. George says:

This pizza looks good, but I get the feeling I will polish the entire thing off and still be hungry. For $11 or so including delivery, I can get better food in my area for delivery.

5. Mike N says:

I wonder if that’s the same diced tomato that they use on their standard pie. I actually like the fact that Domino’s uses canned tomatoes if order tomatoes as a topping; it works out better than fresh tomato slices which usually end up mealy and tasteless.

BTW, there’s a lot of dissention among the folks over at Slice as to whether chicken is a legitimate pizza topping. Personally I think bbq chicken pizza works well in thin-and-crispy form, but chicken pizza from Papa Johns was probably the worst chain pizza I ever had.

6. DerekLutz says:

I’ve always thought these gimmick menu offerings aren’t pizza, just food thrown on top of flat bread in the name of pizza. Whatever it is that Steve received seems to fit that description. If it’s food at all. Looks awful.

7. Allokago says:

Nothing is sadder than placing advertising for pizza next to the real thing. It looks fine for fast food pizza, but the advertising certainly looks more appetizing!

8. Mr. Fed Up says:

If it taste good it can be a pizza topping… but either way I try to avoid ordering out for pizza, when I can use better toppings and ingredients when I make my own.
    and I agree with Joe Cool…marketing always makes things look tasty

9. somesteve says:

looks tasty.

10. Julia says:

Isn’t carbonara all about the egg, anyways?

11. cody miller says:

agree that the fact that fast food places are using things like artisan pizza for fast food crap it is pathetic an bubbsy your probly someone who loves to eat this crap an pretend its artisan and healthy an pretend your not over weight an pathetic.

12. Tuffcookie says:

I just want to say..insulting each other over pizza? really? Come on guys! It’s just a pizza! I agree that you should never look at an ad and expect the product to look EXACTLY like the ad. However, it should resemble the ad somewhat. The whole “artisan” thing is just a gimmick to pull people in. Has anyone actually tried this pizza? any actual reviews of the item? It sounds good but the last few times I tried something new at dominoes I have been sorely disappointed.