The Boomstick Hot Dog Invades Rangers Ballpark

8-pound burger…? I’m not so sure.  A pounder hot dog seems like a light snack next to the Strasburger.  At the Captain Morgan Club at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, Texas, the one pound/two foot long hot dog is known as the “Boomstick”.

It’s 26 bucks and I want it.  A one-pound burger is easy for an amateur like myself so a hot dog should be no different (but what about all the weight of the fixins’?) Looks like oversized grub is another new way to get noticed around major league parks these days.

13 comments on “The Boomstick Hot Dog Invades Rangers Ballpark

1. TJ says:

26 bucks seems a bit high, for a hot dog I think it should be closer to $16. But what do I know, I get that stadium food in general is high. It looks pretty tasty for sure.

2. Ray J. says:

$26 for a hot dog = FAIL

Just my $.02

3. Roger C. says:

$26 is a ripoff for a hot dog. The dog probably cost 20 cents to make, and the bun supposedly comes from France, which is just ridiculous. That might be the most expensive item on the dog. I don’t understand why they just don’t buy bread from somewhere local?

4. Meg says:

They have the same thing at Alice Cooperstown in Phoenix. One pound, 22 inches. It wasn’t bad

5. Keith says:

Alice Cooperstown, in Phoenix, which is an awesomely-named restaurant jointly owned by Alice Cooper and Randy Johnson sells a very similar hot dog called, appropriately, “The Big Unit.”

It’s $14.99.

A “based loaded” version inspired by Adam Richmond’s visit during a taping of Man vs. Food is $19.99. According to the website:

“Our Vienna beef 22-in Big Unit hot dog loaded with nightmare chili, bacon, cheese, sauce, sauerkraut, jalapenos, diced tomatoes, diced onions, sweet relish and shredded cheddar served with a bunch of fries.”

So, yeah, 26 bucks is a rip off, but all prices are inflated at the ballpark, right?

6. SkippyMom says:

Looks like fun! Tho’ $26 and I would choke even before I took a bite. heehee

If you get one please tell us all about it.

7. Lindsay says:

I know everyone’s been saying it but yeesh. $26 dollars? Talk about overpriced!? I’m pretty sure I couldn’t eat the whole thing. :)

• Ryan says:

I might be the only one not really taken aback by the $26 price tag. I mean, a regular little nubby hot dog at a ball park runs around $5 these days anyways. 5 of those dogs would probably equal the meal that is the Boomstick.

Bottom line: Ballpark grub is grossly overpriced as should be expected.

Not saying its right or anything, it’s just how it is unfortunately. I buy watered down light beers for 8 bucks at a baseball games and I know I’m a fool for it.

8. jali says:

i think bruce campbell would be proud of this.

9. Mike N says:

There’s some grumbling going on here in Carndinal Country because the ‘broomstick’ is called the ‘Champion Dog’ in the Captain Morgan Club (it’s the ‘broomstick’ at the concession stands.) Now, technically the Rangers are AL champs, but come on — we know who the REAL champs of Major League Baseball are!

10. Andrew says:

It’s not called the ‘broomstick’ it’s called the BOOMSTICK.

11. Shan says:

The boomstick is ment to be share (this I know from prior experience) it was divided amongst 4 of us an we still had leftovers! So $26 is nothing when being split four ways I look at it this way 6.50 for loaded dog (which was DELICIOUS) or 6.50 for a cup of beer ummm not really a brain teaser