Food News: Popeyes for Breakfast

Anyone have any personal experience with Popeyes for breakfast?  From GrubGrade reader ljay, this was spotted in Maryville, Tennessee.

18 comments on “Food News: Popeyes for Breakfast

1. Chefprotoss says:

Hmm… dunno how I feel about this… A chicken biscuit with Cajun gravy would be the greatest fast food breakfast offering ever. I have a feeling that doesn’t exist though.

• Raiders757 says:

Oh man, what a great idea!! I’m going to make that happen tomorrow for lunch. I’ll just buy a spicy chicken strip combo and ask for my Cajun gravy on the side(with mashed taters). It comes with a biscuit, so just add another and let the madness begin.

• Rickdotfeltdotcom says:

It’s nice to see someone else getting spicy strips, the only places in the DC area to get them are the ones in highway rest stops and Arundel Mills

2. Andi says:

I enjoy chicken biscuits. I think I could enjoy this, but I’d totally have to go out of my way to enjoy a Popeye’s chicken biscuit.

3. Kevin says:

Pretty much everything Popeyes makes is delicious.

If they’re falling back on their biscuits, breakfast there should be rad.

4. alan says:

i am so happy i have been eating barbecue for breakfast for years with pancakes its good to see people are eating like me. but they will never cook as well as a regular person.

i love popeyes chicken

5. Christian says:

I’d try this, but unfortunately I’ve never been to a Popeye’s where it takes less than 20 minutes to get my food, and I don’t have 20 minutes to wait around in the morning.

6. david says:

There’s a popeyes on a military base in S. Korea and they had breakfast for a long time now. It’s been more than 12 years. As you would expect they have standard breakfast items, chicken biscuit and hash browns are the best. But still doesn’t come close to chik fil a!!

7. David says:

“April 1″..

Yeah, don’t see this one happening.

• ljay says:

Ha!

I’ll be there at 7′ish and will report back.

Spicy chicken biscuit…looking forward to this.

While I love almost all things Chik-Fila and Bojangles (from time to time), I gotta say I’m not a fan of either of their spicy chicken biscuits. Chik-Fil-A tastes like “hot”. No other real flavor…just “hot”. It tastes almost chemically hot like the heat you get from a hot candy. Add that to one of their hotel style biscuits and I’m just not happy with the results.

8. Rickdotfeltdotcom says:

Remember when they actually had chicken biscuits on their short-lived value menu?

9. Carebear says:

One of the Popeyes where I used to eat has been serving breakfast for as long as I can remember. My go to order was always pancakes which were fresh and not frozen ones like other restaurants.

10. Kim says:

Popeyes in Mobile AL used to serve breakfast. Chicken on one of their regular biscuits with a horseradish sauce. They were delicious! Wish all Popeyes served breakfast!

11. [...] HuffPost did find an ad from 2012 for a Popeyes location in Maryville, Tenn. that suggests the chain has experimented with breakfast [...]

12. [...] HuffPost did find an ad from 2012 for a Popeyes location in Maryville, Tenn. that suggests the chain has experimented with breakfast [...]

13. JT says:

Popeyes used to serve breakfast back in 1980s. I used to eat there almost every morning. They serve breakfast in Las Vegas airport. It is delicious! I’ve been hoping for a long time that they would bring it back in all of their restaurants.