Popeyes $5.99 for 8-Piece Chicken Today

It’s March 21st and today marks a celebration of discounted fried chicken at Popeyes.  Just picked up my 8-piece mixed box of chicken for $5.99.   Popeyes 40th anniversary kicks off with a nice deal on some tasty grub.

In case you’re wondering, “mixed” equals 2 thighs, 2 wings, 2 drums and 2 breasts.  I opted for half spicy, half regular.  Will you be getting Popeyes today?  Will you be adding sides?  No 8-piece box of chicken is complete without some slaw and biscuits :)

19 comments on “Popeyes $5.99 for 8-Piece Chicken Today

1. ljay says:

On my way out the door in about 15 minutes to pick up a couple of boxes of spicy. Probably grab a few biscuits and can’t go without getting one shrimp tackle box to share for the ride home.

2. JF says:

Planning on picking up some for dinner and will add some biscuits and the mashed potatoes!

Thanks for the breakdown on the ckicken. That’s what I figured, but good to know!

Do you know if there was a meal deal? Meaning any specialy discount adding the biscuits and a large side? I’m assumig it’s the same add-on as if it were normally priced.

3. hat says:

You can upgrade to a meal on this special offer today for $5 – includes 4 biscuits and 1 large side

• JF says:

Confirmed. Got the 8 pieces mixed (spicy) with 4 biscuits and a large site (cajun mashed potatoes) for $10.99. Great deal, and tasty dinner!

4. Chefprotoss says:

Has gg ever reviewed Popeye’s or KFC’s fried chicken?

• JF says:

Here you go:

Best… Fried… Chicken… Ever! ;)

Well for me, not entirely true. There was a franchise a long time ago on the East coast (and I’m talking before they franchised – the original, locally owned store) – Pudgies! Born in Bethpage, NY!

Now that was the best fried chicken ever!

• Raiders757 says:

Sorry, but the “best fried chicken ever” will never be found as far north as Bethpage, New York. Just not gonna happen.

5. Robert says:

I love that place. Sadly more formal plans for dinner tonight.

• Satyr says:

My mom used to take Popeyes Chicken out of the fridge and put it on a rack on a cookie sheet and reheat it for 10 minutes in a 400 degree oven. It got crispy again, and a lot of the residual oil leeched out and wound up on the cookie sheet. I’ll probably do the same with my leftovers tomorrow!

• Satyr says:

Merely a suggestion if you want to take advantage of the deal and enjoy it tomorrow.

6. Lindsay says:

I have a KFC close by my house, but the closest Popeyes is about 30-40 minutes away. Is it way better than KFC?

7. SkippyMom says:

As I have said I have never had Popeyes, but that does look good. If nothing else, if I don’t like it I can always make a bucket full of chicken salad out of it [sans skin of course.]

Is their coleslaw good – Is it really mayo – y?

8. Roger C. says:

Too bad it will cost me $12-16 in gas to get there…no thanks!

9. joseph says:

mm!!
    i’m getting mine after 5 today, i canno’t wait popeyes is amazing and this is a great deal..

10. Jessica says:

The only Popeyes close to me is 45 minutes away. I remember eating it on base w/a military friend of mine when we went to the PX. I still crave the spicy chicken that I’ve only had 1 time (10 years ago!!!)

11. Rachel says:

I’ve eaten far too much chicken-y goodness today and still have plenty of leftovers for tomorrow.

No regrets.

12. Andi says:

I took care of this yesterday. Was in and out way quicker than I have in previous years and even grabbed myself a regular order of fries to munch on on my way home <3