Customized: Doritos Locos Cheesy Gordita Crunch

I’m sure this has come to mind right?  Taco Bell has a new Doritos taco shell to work with, so the re-imagining of already existing items is sure to follow.  For a 30-cent upcharge, turn your Cheesy Gordita Crunch into a Doritos Locos Cheesy Gordita Crunch.

What other Taco Bell items do you think would benefit from the new Doritos shell?

23 comments on “Customized: Doritos Locos Cheesy Gordita Crunch

1. Mitchery says:

This was definitely worth the extra thirty cents!

2. Bensly says:

Ha, did this last night as well. Got the Dorito Taco for the first time and had to have this creation as well. Next stop, XXL Enchorito.

3. Matt says:

Do it one better like I did and add volcano sauce to that bad boy

4. Chefprotoss says:

How was it? =)

• Mitchery says:

I thought it was awesome. I’d give it a 10 out of 10. I must say though that the next day wasn’t pleasant. Eating Taco Bell for lunch and dinner is not the smartest move I made.

5. Ryan (not Grubgrade Ryan) says:

Genius. Pure genius.

6. ChrisW says:

My local Taco Bell refused to do this for me yesterday when I asked.

• Mitchery says:

I would of been outraged. Sounds like you need to find yourself a new Taco Bell there sir.

• M86 says:

I’m not surprised… After working in food service for a few years, I can tell you that they (they being people above the bottom of the totem pole – supervisors, managers, regional management, etc) attempt to maintain a set of standards and uniformity in order to keep costs down. Honestly, if a customer asked for something out of the ordinary, I’d give it to them… Unless it was a rude or stupid customer. :)

7. Rusty Shackleford says:

Mother of God.. it’s beautiful. Will probably add volcano sauce as well like that other person suggested. Unfortunately, I’m always trepidatious about the local Taco Bell staff getting a normal order correct, much less a custom one.

• Heidi Stephens says:

I agree…I’m not even going to ask…the local Taco Bell can screw up a soft taco.

• Adam says:

I ordered three. unbeknownst to me they gave me two and a chalupa supreme (F**K!!!). i discovered the chalupa last, after having already left the drive thru, ruining an otherwise amazing gordita experience

8. Andi says:

I always do custom orders at Taco Bell. It’s so easy because it seems like there’s always a button for every little change/addition. Just had my first Dorito’s Taco today and got hooked so I might try this to extend my enjoyment.

9. Tristan says:

Doritos Crunchwrap Supreme anyone?

10. Matt says:

What a genius idea! Did you get it with the pepperjack sauce too?

11. Chris says:

I had this yesterday. Originally they wouldn’t make it for me because there wasn’t a button to substitute the Doritos shell on the menu. I didn’t budge, though… so they finally agreed to just tell the line to custom prepare it for me. No additional charge.

Totally worth it. The doritos shell brought forth an additional layer of cheesy that was still quite distinguishable alongside the shredded cheese, melted cheese, and baja sauce. It might be my favorite Taco Bell creation in recent history… and that’s saying something.

12. phil says:

how is it only 30 cents more? A cheesy gordita is at least 99 cents isn’t it?

• Ryan says:

30cents extra to change the taco shell. So this cheesy gordita crunch was $2.29 regularly and $2.59 with the Doritos shell subbed in.

13. somesteve says:

So…how does it taste?

14. George says:

Just had two of these bad boys. Glorious. Will probably eat once a week for a long time.

15. Kesley says:

Had this, but added Nacho cheese and with chicken instead which is more bland of a taste vs the beef.
    Super cheesy! :)

16. I work at a TB says:

The thing I like to do with Loco tacos is to add nacho cheese. Ten times better. Now I get a gordita crunch with the dorito shell and nacho cheese instead of baja sauce. Will never go back.

17. […] will be called something like Cheesy Gordita Doritos Locos Tacos Crunch. We put this one together back in 2012 with a 30-cent upcharge over the regular Cheesy Gordita Crunch.  You can customize this now of course, but it will soon be […]