Testing: New Loaded Grillers from Taco Bell

I don’t mean to steal the thunder of Taco Bell’s Doritos Locos Tacos that were released nationwide today, but I just received an email about a new test item from Taco Bell.  They are called Loaded Grillers …  (think mini Grilled Stuft Burritos).  Loaded Grillers were spotted by GrubGrade reader Christopher in Lawrence, Kansas this past weekend.  The Taco Bell Loaded Grillers are 99-cents each and come in a variety of 3: Spicy Buffalo Chicken, Beefy Nacho, Loaded Potato.  We’ll keep you posted on any potential nationwide release information.

24 comments on “Testing: New Loaded Grillers from Taco Bell

1. Justin ST says:

Gross. 99 cents for that? For shame.

2. PJH says:

I’ve been seeing the commercials for awhile now. Didn’t know they were just testing them. Must be a KC surrounding area thing. I live about 45 miles north of downtown KC, and quite a ways from Lawrence. Great to be a test area for once.

The commercial is pretty odd, and can’t see anyone buying into it. Basically it states that you won’t ever have to share with your friends because these will somehow replace wings, potato skins, and nachos. I haven’t tried them yet, but I can’t see these as any sort of substitution.

• ChrisW says:

Yeah, I took this pic in Lawrence but actually tried them in northern Missouri. I’m actually from Minnesota, and there’s no sign of them up here, so it’s definitely a test area item.

They were pretty good, I was most surprised with the Loaded Potato. It genuinely tastes like loaded potato skins and was very good.

3. Nick Rovo says:

hmm the buffalo chicken seems like a random addition. I guess if they can put it into a tortilla they’ll sell it.

4. Mitchery says:

Wow those look frikin awesome. Road Trip!

5. Steven says:

Those look pretty good! Though yet another taco bell combo where they give you boring regular tacos with it. I’d rather see a combo with 2 or 3 of these and a drink.

And Ryan – that auto playing ad on the right on the main page is getting VERY ANNOYING. It can auto play if it wants but should not blast audio out at us unless we want it to.

6. Brandon says:

The only fast food joint I hate more than burger king is taco bell. I can’t stand taco bell and the crap it serves. Besides, right across the street is a mexican joint called tijuana flats that serves tacos twice as big with much higher quality meat for only a dollar more.

7. Chris says:

FINALLY a test market near me! I’m only 20 minutes away from Lawrence so I def gotta try this. Maybe they’re in my home town too (doubtful).

8. Chefprotoss says:

Grubgrade readers pwn hard =P

9. Christian says:

I thought these were everywhere, but it seems like only in the KC Metro area. I had all of them and they are none too impressive. And they were $.99, so the fillings were pretty meager. I tried all three once, they are still around, and I haven’t ordered them again.

10. Zachary Jacob Zblewski says:

These are the same as the their Taquitos, but with new fillings. I believe the Taquitos were recently taken off the menu, as they are not listed on tacobell.com anymore. Here are the links to their orphaned pages.

• ChrisW says:

They are absolutely not the same as the Taquitos. Please disregard this comment as it is completely false.

A burrito is not a taquito. These do not come with a dipping sauce and are much bigger than taquitos.

• Zachary Jacob Zblewski says:

These aren’t called burritos anywhere on the signage. They are “Grillers”. They don’t come with dipping sauce. But they have the same shell and are the same size as the Taquitos. Look at the pics and compare.

• ChrisW says:

lol I dunno what to tell you man. I’m the one who took this pic. I’m the one who tried all of them. They are approximately three times the size of taquitos, they do not have open ends like taquitos, and do not come with any kind of dipping sauce.

Sounds like a burrito to me, no?

11. Deanna says:

I tried the Spicy Buffalo Griller and it was good. My husband likes the Beefy Nacho one.

12. Fast Food Dude says:

These can’t possibly be good. They look like those grill rollers (forgot the proper name) you buy at 7-11, although the bread-to-filling ratio looks a little better. They might be good as a snack with beer, but not much else. If you’re pressed for time, just go to an actual 7-11; their slurpees are great, with this summer-like spring we’re having. If not, go to an authentic Mexican restaurant, the kind where you need to know basic Spanish just to order, and support a local business.

• ChrisW says:

lmao Mexican food elitists. You do realize that not every part of the country has authentic Mexican or 7-11, right?

And these are delicious, btw.

13. sally says:

Anyone know what the song is in the commercial? I LOVE it. I live in kc, didn’t know it was a test market either.

14. MAC says:

I live in south KC – did not know they weren’t everywhere. Just got one today – Don’t know that i’ll buy one again, but…for the price…The spicy buffalo was good. I wish there was nutritional info online though.

15. JoeDaddyEats says:

Ha them in Lawrence and North Topeka, ALL of them taste great! I think of it as a set of restaraunt ingredients prepared like your mom toasted a burrito in a skillet.
    Cost makes it even better, but…
    Since they’re testing them there’s no nutritional values available anywhere… So since I’m a calorie counter I pretend they have non-existent calories and eat as many as I want ;P

• MAC says:

You’re right, JoeDaddyEats. They’re good, but without nutritional info I just can’t get past eating them. I hope all the Happy Hour items and menu stick around. Maybe THEN Taco Bell will post info.