New Garlic Pepper Wicked Chicken from Popeyes

Popeyes Wicked Chicken is back with a new flavor and dipping sauce.  Introducing Garlic Pepper Wicked Chicken with Garlic Parmesan Dipping Sauce.  Check out my love for the original Wicked Chicken.

Say hello to a whole new Wicked.  This is our Garlic Pepper Wicked Chicken!  If you loved the original, you are gonna fall out of your chair for this.  We take thin strips of premium chicken breast marinated in roasted garlic and cracked pepper and serve it with our killer Cajun fries, a buttermilk biscuit, garlic parmesan dipping sauce and your very own mini bottle of TABASCO sauce all for just $3.99.

13 comments on “New Garlic Pepper Wicked Chicken from Popeyes

1. Robert says:

Those look good. Love Popeyes.

2. Kevin says:

I love Popeyes

Also minitobasco bottles? Very cool

3. Rick says:

I saw this on their website a couple weeks ago but the restaurant I went to outside Washington was still serving Cajun wings. Has anyone had these yet?

4. JF says:

Been waiting to see this. Checked their website a few days ago and saw this promotion. I liked thier original wicked chicken (side note: when they had, forget the name, but the scoop chicken, they didn’t have it, but still had this well after the promotion).

I’ve been hesitant to go there, despite the fact that they are only a few blocks away (part of a gas station / shared space and never had the cajun wings).

I will check them out as I liked the wiked chicken, love garlic, and these sound so good! Can’t wait to hear reviews if others get to these before I do. But before weeks end (fingers crossed) if my local Popeyes has these, I will definately give them a try!

5. Lindsay says:

Hmmm…I’ve never been a fan of thin, straw like chicken strips. It’s always alot of breading and not enough chicken. The Garlic Pepper sounds good though.

I’ve actually never ate at a Popeyes, although I know I have one about 10 miles away.

Is their chicken pretty tasty?

6. Kayleigh says:

This looks so GOOD! The original wicked chicken was awesome (and such a good deal) Can’t wait to get down on this :D

7. Matt says:

Sounds good to me. Popeyes’ has had some great LTO’s this year. I wish the Popeye’s near me didn’t close down so I could actually have some of these.

8. Kevin says:

best fast food chain. looks really good

9. Manavee says:

Tried it today. Thought it was great. I would recommend asking for a second dipping sauce packet, though, as one wasn’t enough for me.

10. Robby says:

Closest Popeyes is 14 miles.

Sigh. :(

11. ljay says:

Tried these today.

1) Didn’t get any sauce so can’t review that.

2) The chicken had a nice flavor AND the pieces were surprisingly un-strawlike. Very meaty in fact.

3) There was so much food in the box that I actually gave about 1/3 of the chicken to a family member. This was served in the same box as the shrimp tackle box. I ordered the snack which came with 1 side (I ordered red beans and rice of course), a biscuit, and the chicken. The top of the box was bulging because of the amount of chicken and I just couldn’t eat it all.

Total? $3.99

An amazing deal!

The two people with me ordered shrimp tackle boxes and I ordered a box of 13 spicy strips and 6 extra biscuits for a family snack while watching the big game tonight.

The only problem with Popeyes is that I haven’t ordered just regular chicken in probably 6 months. Shrimp, catfish, chicken specialty items..they keep catching my eye and I end up coming off the chicken. I’m not complaining because it’s all good. I just need to focus next time and get a bucket of chicken.

12. [...] had seen the adverts on TV.  Finally, I decided (on a whim, of course) to taste Popeye’s new Garlic Pepper Wicked Chicken.  Why? Because dis sisi no go carry last, that’s why! Well, not really, but I just felt [...]

13. […] were introduced to Garlic Pepper in early 2012 and the Wicked Chicken brand from Popeyes has gained another newcomer in new Bayou Buffalo Wicked […]