Chicken McBites from McDonald’s Now Available Nationwide

Now’s the time for the McNugget (read our review) versus McBite (read our review) debates.  Chicken McBites are now available nationwide at McDonald’s. 310 calories and 19 grams of fat for the Snack Size.

Juicy bites made with chicken breast meat, in three deliciously poppable sizes.

27 comments on “Chicken McBites from McDonald’s Now Available Nationwide

1. Lylat says:

I had these like 5 times already they are so damn good i actually like them more over the Mcnuggets.

2. SkippyMom says:

They come in three sizes? Why?

When I saw the first commercial yesterday I immediately thought of you guys. Hope you review them soon. And explain the sizes. :D

• chris says:

One is a ‘snack size’, one is a single serving, one is ‘sharable’

• Manavee says:

They have a snack size for snacking, a regular size for eating a regular amount of the chicken, and a “shareable” size for shaming you for being such a fatty fat fat fat.

• Roger H says:

There’s a snack size, an individual meal size, and a sharing size.

• Jack says:

Not three different sizes of meat; three different package sizes. Think like how they have a 20 or 10 piece nugget and 4 piece and all that, it’s like that and they call it “snack,” “regular,” and “shareable.”

3. Robert says:

So are those just the strips chopped up or something completely different? I have to admit I am interested.

4. chris says:

These are great, honestly. Not the most flavorful breading, has a great texture though. The chicken is good, plenty of sauces to choose from, and the sizes are good for the money.

5. Marc says:

One word review: “Bready”

6. ZM says:

These suck; I’ve heard that they’re in response to other fast food outlets’ recent chicken or possibly the popcorn chicken phases from the past decade, but these are seriously the least evolved since the original KFC product back in the 90s. I’d never eat this crap again.

7. Noodlez says:

Freakin love these things!!

8. Chef says:

I must have had substandard containers, because the two times I’ve bought these, when I put the sauce in its little sauce location the entire thing tips over.

9. Mike N says:

In the STL region this past weekend they had the snack size for $1. It was a good deal for a buck, tasty with the bbq sauce and paired well with a McDouble. Not sure what the regular snack size price is ($1.99 maybe?) but if they could get them on the value menu that would rock.

10. Lindsay says:

I’ve always felt that “bites” of chicken, popcorn chicken, etc were invented to give consumers more breading and less chicken. The chicken in the pictures look to be of good quality however!

11. Brandon says:

These things are a rip off. For a small snack size, a medium coke, and a medium fry the total comes out to $9. There is no way in hell I am spending $9 at mcdonalds..

12. Brandon says:

For one meal*

13. Christian says:

I didn’t like them. I thought there was too much bread and not enough chicken. The flavor was on the bland side as well. Sonic and KFC do “popcorn” chicken much, much better.

14. Robert says:

See, the problem is that these are practically IDENTICAL to the Checkers/Rally’s Chicken Bites. And these are about twice the price. So yeah. No go.

But anyone who thinks KFC is better is dead wrong.

15. Bubbsy says:

For the same price you can get 2 of the 4-pc orders of Nuggetz. Better value I think. May as well spend the extra if you’re really hot for a higher breading-to-chickenfoam ratio.

16. RP says:

Yeah, I found these to be pretty tasty two out of the three times I’ve had them. The other time, it seemed to be a little cold and a lot of batter mixed in there. So I guess it’s kind of hit-or-miss, although it is overall a better product than I expected with a fair amount of meaty chicken chunks. Certainly a cut about KFC’s below-average popcorn chicken around my neck of the woods.

Sneaking the snack size onto the value dollar menu would have been a smart move. As well as developing a mid-sized cheap yet somewhat healthy grilled chicken sandwich to pair with the McChicken.

17. Soat says:

Wanting my first experience with these to be good, I specifically asked for a fresh batch of these. Paired with the Sweet Chili sauce these were pretty damn good. They definitely seemed more chicken-breasty than the McNuggets. DONT EAT THESE WITH RANCH FOR THE LOVE OF ALL MANKIND!!!

18. Kevin says:

Got a coupon in the mail. a snack size for $1, I’ll try it

19. Anon says:

I’m not a fan of popcorn chicken, but I did try these hoping they would be similar in taste and texture to a nugget, but in bite size pieces.

Well, they are not. Typical popcorn chicken a bit on the bready size. I’d rather order nuggets.

20. wundersmack says:

Does this new chicken offering have anything to do with McDonald’s new policy of not using pink slime/ ammonium hydroxide in its products?

21. yourmom says:

These were the breadiest most chicken-less objects Ive ever eaten. These were definitely chicken flavored bread bites. Gross!