Food News: Fried Pickles are back at Zaxby’s

I love me some Zaxby’s Chicken Fingerz and crinkle fries (read the review), but I missed out on the Fried Pickles during my visit to the southern fast casual in September.  Zaxby’s is bringing back those Fried Pickles for a limited time starting this month.  Any one a fan?

10 comments on “Food News: Fried Pickles are back at Zaxby’s

1. Keith says:

I really love Fried pickles. I’m no where near a Zaxby’s though, so I get my fried pickle fix from Rutter’s – which is a convenience store chain with made to order food like at Wawa or Sheetz.

So here’s a question – for those who like fried pickles (and seriously, don’t knock em till you try em) do you prefer them fried as spears, or as chips (like Zaxby’s does)? I think I like the chips better…

2. Daisy says:

I love fried pickles!! I think hooters does a great job!! I do prefer fried pickle chips!! I have a zaxbys near by I will have to check them out. I prefer raising canes for chicken strips though!

3. Bobby Berry says:

I have had fried pickles at many places. They are great sliced. But I had some quarter-ed fried pickles in Breckenridge that were phenomenal. I think the place was called Mother Lode.

4. Deanna says:

I love their Fried Mushrooms! Are those still on the menu?

5. Keith says:

Can’t say I’m excited about the ranch dipping sauce – I think I had fried pickles once with a spicy remoulade… now that was tasty stuff. Any other suggestions for good fried pickle dipping sauces?

6. COBRA says:

Adam, did you ever eat the cereal Hidden Treasures? If so, decades-old review? Why did this masterpiece disappear?

7. lex says:

I think the fried pickles is one of the very few things that Zaxbys has done wrong. When I tried them they tasted of cheap unflavored corn meal and limp hot pickle chips. I normally love fried pickles (spears or chips) but I would never order the ones from Zaxbys again and actually have never met anyone who liked them.

8. Fried pickle says:

I agree with lex…. Theyre the nastiest fried pickles ive ever eaten….. And I love fried pickles!!!! I would never ever order them again…. For those of you who are plannin on gettin these from zaxbys, I wouldnt waste my money