December is Customer Appreciation Month at Subway, 2 Dollar Subs

One way to appreciate your customers is by offering two choices of six inch sandwich for just 2 bucks.  Well, that’s the way Subway is going in December as it will be featuring the Meatball Marinara and Cold Cut Combo sub for a promotional price of $2.  I’ve been seeing TV spots all week for the upcoming “Customer Appreciation Month” and December looks to be busy for Subway.

33 comments on “December is Customer Appreciation Month at Subway, 2 Dollar Subs

1. SkippyMom says:

WOW – that’s cheap! We haven’t eaten fast food in so long [can't remember] but may have to splurge a few times on those – especially since they are family favs.

Thanks for the heads up. Very cool.

2. George says:

When I originally heard about this deal a couple weeks ago, I was under the impression that it would be any cold cut sandwich. After finding out that these are the only two options, I’m considerably less excited for this promotion.

I really liked the Chicken Marinara this month, because my local Subway was willing to make it with strips instead of the small breasts. It looks like I won’t be going to Subway a lot in December.

3. Rick says:

George stop being an ungrateful dillweed

4. Thomas says:

I wouldn’t call him ungrateful because he doesn’t like a promotion. It isn’t like they are handing out free sandwiches to show appreciation. It is a 50 cent discount (who buys the ridiculously priced 6inch). And Subway cleary isn’t going to be taking a loss through this promotion, so it isn’t anything charitable from them.

This just makes me wonder how much it actually costs to make their meatballs lol.

5. TJ says:

Decent point, but some would say the $5 dollar foot long isn’t bad to begin with, considering how much other sub places charge. I sometimes get their $3 daily special six inch because I don’t want that big of a sandwich. I like the idea of this, hope they alternate some other varieties here and there.

6. Nancy says:

Perhaps if more people ate 6″ rather than 12″ subs, the US would not be an obese country….

• SPM says:

I don’t think Subs are really the reason behind the obeisity epedemic in this country

• mandy says:

no k, subway is somewhat of a healthfood type place. you want to blame something for obesity in america, blame preservative stuffed junk food and fast food and mcdonalds, etc. cheeseburgers, almost zero nutrition but tons of sugar and fat, not to mention healthy eating is too expensive or made difficult for most. not to mention america is scarily lazy it seems like, and the education is going farther and farther down hill, its not going to help anything for the next generation.

• Walt says:

The ignorance that diet alone makes you overweight is what is actually making the US obese. Get up off your couch, close your browser windows, get rid of your fad diet books, and actually move around and exercise once and awhile. There are many countries that consume more fat and cholesterol than Americans do, per capita, yet are thinner and healthier. Why? They don’t complain about everything and actually MOVE.

• William says:

HaHa! Agreed! =D

7. Raiders757 says:

I’m not a big Subway fan, but the $5 foot long Cold Cut Combo is normally my go to sub when eating there. Being that there are two within a mile of my house, I might just swing buy and save a $1 for the heck of it. I’m hungry.

• TJ says:

That’s kind of the way I’m looking at it. I’m also not a huge Subway fan, but sometimes for lunch I get my favorite 6 inch sandwich for three bucks when it’s their daily special. I wouldn’t mind saving a buck on that a couple times a month. I think this is generally a cool idea.

8. Mike N says:

Went by and got a $2 meatball tonight. It’s been a long time since I had one, and it was totally ‘meh’. I make meatball subs at home with frozen meatballs from the grocery store, french bread, Newman’s Own marinara and grated moz, and it’s *much* better than the Subway version, without the drive and waiting in line. Kind of sad, really.

9. Mike C says:

Subway by metrotech center corner in Brooklyn, NY (Gold Street) does not accept this deal and charges 9 bucks for two $2 sandwiches.

10. Mike C says:

They are rude also and disrectful. They have no idea what customer service is. They are also unsanitary.

11. Nathan S says:

New York is wack in general. If it wasn’t so easy to make money off people when they are bunched up in one area like lab rats, then New York would be recognized as the overcrowded, bad weather, and people city that it really is.

12. TigLovers says:

To Be Completely Honest Subway is the only fast food i eat and its not often. America is not all obese and fat. With the knowledge we have today it is everyone’s own choice to do what they wish. That’s in any country. I chose to eat healthy and work out. I am a PC gamer, but i am a healthy gamer. Get up and move around people get out of breath and sweat and have fun doing it. Its nothing a hot shower wont fix and trust me when i say you will feel so much better about yourself.

13. Wendy says:

I just went to Subway and they had no idea what I was talking about. Apparently this is only for certain locations? or is it only in the U.S.?

14. EatThis says:

With bogo, you can eat your choice of six inchers for $4

15. Jeanie says:

Can’t believe Orange CT Subway won’t honor this promotion – Subways national headquartes is right up the road from this location – Never will eat another Subway Sub again

16. lacy says:

I think this offer is a load of crap when they saw cold cut I am thinking that would be any cold deli sandwich. All I WAS GETTING WAS A SANDWICH WITH JUST HAM ON IT AND THE RUDE LADY WANT 4 DOLLARS FOR SOME BREAD AND HAM. Then when I SAID I said I thought it was suppose to be two dollars the drive thru window got slammed in my face these people are extremely rude and I will be taking my business else where. IF THIS WAS REALLY ABOUT CUSTOMER APPRECIATION I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN TREATED THIS WAY.

17. Jefe says:

If you get the meatball sandwich, make sure you put pepperoni, extra sauce, and parmesan cheese on it. It’ll only cost about 0.50 more and you got yourself a small pizza for 2.50

18. Steven says:

Went and order the sandwich $2.00 at subway they wanted more money to have cheese on it. I will never go there again. They were very nasty people there. They had Indians working there from India, they are very nasty to speak to.

19. BigBelly says: