Sandwich Sunday: Adam’s Twice Killed Turkey Sandwich

This week for Sandwich Sunday, I’m happy to bring you a nutritious, delicious, and meat-free alternative to lighten your load following this past Thursday’s, um, gluttonous feeding frenzy meal.

Just kidding.

No, my Twice Killed Turkey Sandwich doesn’t differ too much from any of the myriad of Thanksgiving leftover creations out there, but the addition of oozing melted muenster cheese and nutty dark rye bread make a killer starting point for a filling of apple stuffing, cranberry sauce, roasted sweet potatoes, gravy, and yes, turkey. And if you are looking for something a little “lighter,” you can do as I did, and just make half a sandwich with light-meat turkey. Makes the two whole legs I snagged on Thursday completely within the realm of balance :)

Step One: Toast your bread in the broiler, and melt the cheese slightly.

Step Two: Begin stuffification process.

Step Three: Continue said stuffification process.

Step Four: Back under the broiler. Kill that turkey…again!

Step Six: Soft hands now. Time to stack.

Step Seven: In the words of Hamilton Porter, “now, you stuff it.”

10 comments on “Sandwich Sunday: Adam’s Twice Killed Turkey Sandwich

1. SkippyMom says:

Stuffification may be my all time new favorite word. We have one more night of leftovers from our turkey [we're having pot pie] wa a a h! I want another turkey and more leftovers.

That sandwich looks amazing!

2. maynardb61 says:

I am sorry, but the sandwich may have tasted good to YOU,
    however it does not look that appetizing to me. Maybe next time put it in a food processor and spread it all on a club cracker.

3. Kevin says:

Needs more bread. never understood sandwiches like this

• Crysta says:

Not everyone buys into that “equal bread and filling” sandwich philosophy. Personally, I like overstuffed sandwiches and think this looks great.

Except the cranberry sauce. Not a fan of that.

4. kikurage says:

This is not good at looking, but it may be very dericious.
    APPETIZING!!

5. Chuck says:

Yes! The melted Muenster is the total key on that sandwich… takes it from good to ahhhmazing. I would use cheddar personally, but this still sounds divine. I wish I had cooked so I actually had some leftovers…

6. Yum Yucky says:

oh! oh! I have the perfect tagline for the Twice Killed Turkey Sandwich: “because twice-killed just tastes better”. or no?

7. Aimee says:

That looks like it was amazing!!