Sandwich Fail: Peanut Butter and Jelly Grilled Cheese

Sometimes, my curiosity gets the better of me. Last night, craving both a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a grilled cheese, was one of those times. Note to self: I like Muenster Cheese. I like Peanut Butter and Company’s Crunch Time. But I do not like them together.

Anyone else had any sandwich fails lately?

18 comments on “Sandwich Fail: Peanut Butter and Jelly Grilled Cheese

1. TheBalog says:

Dude two words that should never meet reuben and monte cristo :X corn beef, strawberry jelly, kraut, thousand island and french toast not a good idea… friday will make up for it though with a sandwich from the gods!! leftover turkey, grandmas cornbread dressing, and cranberry sauce between some good french bread!

2. SkippyMom says:

The best way [not kidding - delicious] to make a grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwich is to take a hamburger bun and turn it inside out – spread the peanut butter on the brown crust part along with the jam [use jam - jelly is too thin] butter the outside [really the inside] and grill away. It really works.

And Balog is right – world’s most epic sandwich is going to make it’s appearance sometime on Thursday night/Friday morning, early. :D

3. Lisa says:

omg ewww. jelly and cheese yes, PEANUT BTUTER and cheese no no no.
    blech :X
    and as they say curiousity killed the cat! and…your sandwich.

• Lisa says:

atho- sandwich fail. tried to make a PB&J but had no jelly so I had sweet strawberries and just pureed them. uh NO. idn what happens to the sweetness in strawberries once pureed but it VANISHED.
      what a waste of a sanwich >:(

4. Eric says:

Made a shoddy quesadilla today with provolone, mexican cheese blend, and sliced turkey (lunchmeat). Mediocre at best.

I did have a BLT + Peanut Butter earlier in the week that rocked though. Whole wheat toast and don’t skip the mayo. It is a necessity with the dryness the peanut butter brings and it works well with the nuttiness.

5. Chuck says:

Ah, I’ve wondered about this! I think you would have been better off with a slice or kraft American… or swiss maybe? I like flavorful cheese, but maybe something milder on this. Try again on a peanut butter and banana sandwich?

6. Rodzilla says:

PB and and american or cheddar is a great pair. I think the jelly makes it harder, but it might work with cream cheese, cottage or ricotta.

7. rob says:

I made a peanut butter and sardine sandwich and it wasn’t bad

8. Chefprotoss says:

Fresh biscuits with pb and j are the bee’s knees.

9. Marianne says:

I was sadly disappointed with a peanut butter and pickle sandwich …

10. Sandy says:

Sounds like something Denny’s would come up with.

11. Zachary Jacob Zblewski says:

I like spreading strawberry jam on an American cheese grilled-cheese sandwich. I don’t think I’d like peanut butter with it though.

12. Julie says:

A combo that I have been dying to try is taking a maple iced long john donut, splitting it down the middle, and plopping in a gas station hot dog (you know, one of those good quality Johnsonville cheese polish sausages or something to that effect) and all of the usual condiments. It would be something akin to the lumberjack or McGriddle.

YUMMO!!!

13. Aimee says:

Light Swiss Rye bread
    muenster cheese
    brown mustard (very thin layer)
    strawberry jam
    no peanut butter (yuck. and I LOVE peanut butter…)
    butter on the outsides of the bread.

Grill gently over medium heat until golden brown. YUM

14. Jim says:

A few years ago I once made a peanut butter, chocolate syrup and lettuce sandwich on toasted white bread when i could not find a single other thing to eat in my house. It wasn’t nearly as bad as I expected.