Food News: Subway Steak Melts

The focus has turned to steak at Subway.  Introducing or re-introducing with new branding… Subway Steak Melts.  Interested?

• The Big Philly Cheesesteak is every meat lover’s dream. With lots of steak smothered in melted cheese, it’s easy to see why this classic is the taste that Philly is so proud of.
  • Back by popular demand, the Steak and Cheese is here to stay. The two most elemental, irresistible ingredients in the world – piled high onto freshly baked bread and your choice of crisp veggies.
  • Start your day in a melt-a-licious way with the Steak, Bacon, Egg & Cheese for breakfast. This mouthwatering masterpiece is piled high with tender, juicy steak, crispy bacon, egg and melty cheese, all fresh toasted on flatbread. Get yours today.

17 comments on “Food News: Subway Steak Melts

1. Matt says:

I’ve had the Big Philly Cheesesteak before, when it first came out a few years ago, and it was actually really good. I’m assuming the Steak & Cheese is just a smaller portion of meat & cheese.

I’m so glad they discontinued their old “steak” that had peppers and onions mixed in.

2. Natalie says:

I don’t think the steak and cheese sub ever went anywhere…I’ve been able to order it whenever I’ve wanted. The steak and egg muffin with southwest sauce is my favorite Subway breakfast item though…think I’ll pass on adding bacon.

3. Lylat says:

I will make sure to get the Big Philly Cheesesteak and put pepperoni on it haha

4. Mikey F Baby says:

Had the steak and cheese yesterday, and I must say it was great. (Which I rarely have ever said about Subway). Too bad it was the last day of Anytober Footlong thingy. These look pricey on a regular day. Usually $8 locally.

5. Bob says:

What the heck is the difference between the Cheesesteak and the Steak & Cheese??

6. Seeker says:

Steak and Cheese = 2 scoops of steak
    Big Philly Cheesesteak = 3 scoops of steak

They put the third scoop in the middle. The steak options I find better than other options at Subway, but only when on promotion otherwise I’d go for more substantial steak with bogo Quiznos, or even Arby’s. Still it is much preferred and pretty tasty.

7. Christopher says:

Same old, same old.

8. maxchain says:

All this praise for things with both “Subway” and “steak” in the name is starting to make me wonder if they’ve stepped it up and made the stuff something besides a chewy, salty mess the last time I tried it and swore never to again.

• Raiders757 says:

I’m wondering the same thing Maxchain. The last time I dared to try a steak & cheese at Subway, it was rather lackluster to put it nicely.

9. Joe Cool says:

Wow! Where’s all the comments from the pretentious people saying Subway is crap no matter what the item is?

• Manavee says:

Subway is crap no matter what the item is.

Actually, their breakfast sandwiches are pretty good. But otherwise, Subway is crap no matter what the item is.

• Raiders757 says:

No one is being pretentious. It’s just a matter of opinion. I eat from the $5 menu at Subway from time to time and enjoy what I get. Thing is, I have no problem telling anyone that there is nothing at Subway worth paying more than $5 for, and their steak and chicken are easily the main offenders. Spending $9 at a Subway defeats the purpose of even patronizing one in the first place. If I’m going to spend $9, I might as well do so at a local deli or sub shop that uses better meat and gives more bang for the buck. If that’s not an option, there’s always a Firehouse Subs near by for some of us.

10. […] of the sandwich before trashing it. Based on this experience, I’d also steer clear of the other ‘Steak Melt’ options. Adding Subway’s shredded steak to an already-tasty breakfast option just results in adding a […]

11. david says:

C’mon ‘fess up this site is a shill for Subway, right?

Cardboard bread microwaved with meat that hasn’t walked around for months and months with some gooey drek that makes Velveeta look (and taste) good, served by people who couldn’t make it as grocery baggers.

I always thought Subway was a secret device of McD to keep people eating burgers. I’ve never had anything at Subway i would describe as ‘edible’.