Food News: Quiznos Lobster and Seafood Salad

On a recent trip to my local Quiznos, I was greeted by a sign on the door advertising a Lobster and Seafood SaladSide note:  I love the fact that adding a mayonnaise based congealent makes anything a “salad”. 

At any rate, you could have this “salad” in a sub, on flatbread or as a salad.  It sounded appetizing to me, so I ordered it and found it to be very good.  However, I didn’t have my camera with me, so I couldn’t get any pictures of it.  When I got home after work, I looked it up on the web and found that it did not appear on the Quiznos website.  I decided to submit a question through their site to ask about getting nutrition information on the sandwich so I could go back and do a proper review.

The reply I got indicated that they usually only serve this sandwich during Lent.  He further wondered if perhaps “…that store… may be testing a new ‘secret’ version of that sandwich.”  Well, Mr. Quiznos-website-reply-guy, whatever you’re rouge store has come up with, this GrubGrader gives it two lobster tails up.  I hope this sandwich makes it into the rest of your locations.  Has anyone else seen this in their local Quiznos?

21 comments on “Food News: Quiznos Lobster and Seafood Salad

  1. Chefprotoss says:

    I’m curious as to what “and seafood” is…

  2. Jonathan says:

    I live in Colorado and this has been around for awhile…or at least it was around for awhile a couple months ago. I tried it – it was ok. I mean, living in Colorado and eating from Quiznos, i really wasent expecting a fresh lobster-roll type of sub. It was good for what it was.

    -Side note- I only ate the sub, not the salad. But im gunna assume that the same stuff that goes in the salad is in the sub…just with more lettuce.

  3. Jrdunn says:

    What was the price? Was it covered in mayo? I like my lobster rolls with just a touch of mayo

    • Jonathan says:

      I dont recall it being “covered” in Mayo. It was around the same amount of mayo as a tuna salad would be covered in I would guess.

      I did not go into eating it expecting to get top shelf quality lobster. It Quiznos…lets give them some slack. It was good for what it was…which I assumed to be imitation lobster/crab with spices and mayo on a traditional Quiznos style toasted roll. It was good for something different that you dont normally see from theye types of chain sub places.

      Price wise, I want to say the regular was like $8 or something. It was more expensive than the other sandwiches, but I also had a $2 off coupon, so, I didnt really pay too much attention to the price,

  4. Kate says:

    I’m curious as to how little lobster they get away with putting in it by tagging it “and seafood.”

  5. Shannon says:

    I ate this and i didnt like it that much. My boyfriend got the same thing, and he liked it.

  6. TonyJaguar says:

    Hot dog of the sea.

  7. Zachary Jacob Zblewski says:

    This site has the exact same picture of the sub as in your photo, but its from the beginning of this year.

    I hope they don’t have lobster salad stored up in a freezer from back then…

  8. Jennifer says:

    I just saw a commercial for it, but go figure, it’s Lent.

  9. carlcat says:

    I’ve been looking around the web for what exactly is in this “lobster and seafood” salad and have come up empty. Quiznos site is not giving any info as to what is in it. I find it hard to believe that they can sell an actual lobster roll with the main ingredient being lobster. My feeling is that it’s made from Surimi, a Japanese developed product in the 60’s made from pulverized white fish like Alaskan Pollock and processed with flavorings and ingredients to look and taste like shellfish. You’ve seen products like Surimi called “imitation crab sticks” and “imitation crab salad” in supermarket deli sections. It tastes OK but, nothing special. Put enough Mayo and spices on anything and you’re starting out OK. Seems like legally, if you call it seafood and salad, you’re given a wide berth as to what the actual ingredients are.

  10. dustin says:

    from what ive read its at least 51% lobster, by no means maine lobster, probably rock lobster, the tiny lobster tails you get at places like red lobster. the other 49% is most likely imitation crab, aka surimi, aka what subway uses in their seafood salad. havent tried it yet, but im looking forward to.

    • carlcat says:

      Ok, that makes sense. Rock lobster by itself is pretty tough and doesn’t come close to Maine lobster in taste or texture. I rather eat shrimp or Langostino than Rock Lobster. Well, I have a coupon for the sandwich and wifey wants to try it so maybe I’ll get a different sandwich and she’ll get “lobster seafood” and we’ll share so if it’s as bad as I think it will be, it won’t be a total loss.

  11. Sam says:

    Ah yes, Quiznos, the king of the macro photographic shot.

    They must film their commercials in the land of midgets because on the few times I have visited these scamsters, the subs I got were “tiny”. The buns are no wider than 2″ and absolutely no longer than 6″, including the wrapping paper.

    I think I’ll pass on their regurgitated seafood offering.

  12. treatment says:

    The commercial for the lobster and sea food salad states in small print at the lower left hand of the screen that only 51% of the lobster is….lobster. what the hell is the other 49%?

  13. […] sure you’ve been anxiously waiting the return of the Lobster & Seafood Salad from Quiznos.  In case you’re wondering, it’s 51% […]

  14. It's Lent DUH! says:

    @Jennifer ……. YEP

  15. chris bloomfield says:

    while the sandwich is very good, it is … NOTHING!!! like what the picture depicts! my wife had 2 decent sized chunks of lobster in hers and i had none. i would have complained but i had just gotten out of shoulder surgery and arguing was the furthest thing on my mind! sadly, i should have known better but i had my mind set on that gorgeous lobster hoagie. we live 48 miles outside of Tulsa so you can imagine my disappointment! 🙁

  16. Cara says:

    I wonder if someone asked for just the lobster part. You’d probably get a few little pieces.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *