New at Sonic: Bacon Cheddar and Mushroom Swiss Toaster Melt Sandwiches

New at participating Sonic Drive-In locations, the Bacon Cheddar and Mushroom Swiss Toaster Melts.  Texas Toast is an underutilized bread… and what exactly does “Starting At $1.99″ mean?

Bacon Cheddar Melt-100% beef patty with crispy bacon, cheddar cheese, grilled onions, pickles, and hickory BBQ sauce on Texas toast.
Mushroom Swiss Melt-100% beef patty with sauteed Portobello mushrooms, Swiss cheese, grilled onions, and mayo on Texas toast.

16 comments on “New at Sonic: Bacon Cheddar and Mushroom Swiss Toaster Melt Sandwiches

1. Steven says:

There is a $1.99 version which is a smaller jr burger and a $3.49 version which features a 1/4 pound patty.

2. Scott says:

I miss their old toaster Sandwiches. The old chicken toaster was the best. I do not know how excited I am for these. I am curious how the mushrooms will go.Will probably try.

• Matt says:

I ordered the chicken toaster within the last few months and they said they could still make it, although it was with 2 chicken tenders as opposed to the chicken breast.

3. Keith Stewart says:

The Mushroom Swiss burger is a keeper. Loved it!

4. somesteve says:

1.99 PLUS TAX

5. Matt says:

The Bacon Cheddar variety is essentially the same as the old Bacon Cheeseburger Toaster. Aside from the cheese and lack of lettuce/tomato. I didn’t realize they removed toasters from the menu. I will definitely be checking these out though.

6. kikurage says:

Looks good!
    I will try that interesting new menus.

7. JT says:

I’ve never liked these toaster sandwiches. The toasted bread gets way too soggy in Sonic’s foil lined wrappers.

I dig the effect it has on their regular hamburger buns, but not what it does to the toast.

8. Mattitude says:

Both a worth every penny, one of the few items from Sonic I have liked so far.

9. mary says:

JT, agreed. I only order a toaster if I am going home and can throw it in a pan for a few minutes to re-crisp up the bread.

10. Chris says:

The mushroom swiss one was epic… … and the smaller version is the perfect size.

11. ami says:

how many calories in the jr mushroom swiss?

12. I was very disappointed in the burger melt. They left the meat patties out and the rest was cold and dried from microwave. I could not eat it I heard same complaint from a friend in Leesville la sonic. No meat patties on hamburger melt. So sad