Hardee’s Introduces the Cheddar Biscuit

Hardee’s has unveiled the Cheddar Biscuit.  I love Hardee’s biscuits straight up, Chefprotoss likes’em with Country Ham.  The Cheddar Biscuit packs 430 calories and 27 grams of fat with no animal involvement.

Here’s a coupon and the Hardee’s description for the Cheddar Biscuit:

The Cheddar Biscuit consists of two slices of extra sharp, cheddar cheese on our warm and tasty Made from Scratch Biscuit™.

22 comments on “Hardee’s Introduces the Cheddar Biscuit

1. Ryan says:

That’s a pretty popular local thing here in Eastern NC. They usually call it a “hoop cheese biscuit,” though Bojangles calls it the Cheddar-Bo.

2. Kate says:

Oh… they just put cheese ON the biscuit. I kind of assumed the cheese was somehow excitingly incorporated.

• Mike N says:

That’s what I was thinking when I saw the headline — thought maybe it was a Red Lobster chedder biscuit kind of thing (which would be awesome).

3. Heidi S. says:

Are they out of ideas?

4. Ryan says:

432 Calories… for that!?!

I’m not even a calorie watcher on any level, but seriously, that’s crazy for what you get.

5. Evan says:

Anyone who thinks this is a bad idea is nuts and hasn’t one. This goes to show how quality their biscuits are. Could McDonalds or Burger King ever sell just a biscuit with cheese on it? Never.

6. Jeff says:

Man I miss these from my days at North Carolina State. Cheddar Bo Biscuit FTW! Can’t get them anywhere else but eastern NC; luckily Charleston will be sure to have these!

7. Scott says:

Hopefully, the cheese had some animal involvement.

• Ryan says:

Haha, yeah. Well no dead animal involvement rather. Lots of calories and fat with no bacon or sausage to be found. A bunch of cheesy/buttery goodness still does some damage :)

8. Thomas says:

I don’t think I could ever see myself buying this. I don’t know the price yet though.

9. Sandy says:

Yum! Cheese make everything better.

10. kikurage says:

I love cheese biscuit. But i hegitate to eat such a high 432 Calories.

11. Ed H says:

Cheese on a biscuit! Brilliant!

12. Mike N says:

By the way, Chefprotoss can probably comment on this better than I can, but in my experience real cheddar doesn’t melt the way as depicted in the pic, but I guess cheddar-flavored cheese food on a biscuit is still a cheddar biscuit… and still pretty tasty sounding. :)

• Chefprotoss says:

It depends on the age of the cheddar. Younger = more melty =)

Though even a nice sharp aged cheddar should be good for this application. I wouldn’t want it to be too gooey. I’ll give this a try soon. Depending on the quality of the cheese it looks promising.

13. ChrisLad says:

Dang I’d just prefer to butter a biscuit

14. somesteve says:

that’s so mind-bogglingly simple yet so unique. wow.

15. Bob says:

It looks like a baby chicken idea.

Cheep!

16. Helldog says:

I tried one this past weekend. Made it probably 60% through and then noticed the paper was still stuck to one of the pieces of cheese. I’d been eating a waxy paper and cheese biscuit. How appetizing. I got back in the car and went back to the store where the manager tried to soothe my unhappiness by giving me another cheese biscuit. No, lady, I don’t think so. I’ll take the refund.

17. maynardb61 says:

What?? No sausage?? for shame!

18. VanillaLatte11 says:

I do love Hardee’s biscuits, but BoJangles are nice, too. Bonus about Bo’s? they serve them all day! ;)

19. Amie says:

I got two of these today with high expectations… and was sorely disappointed. I couldn’t even finish one. The cheese was so greasy it left a nasty film in my mouth for a couple hours.

For some reason, as well, the cheddar taste didn’t mix well with the biscuit (and Hardee’s has the best biscuits ever!)… so that’s really saying something.