New Ultimate Angus Philly from Arby’s

It’s not on the Arby’s website, but my local Arby’s is advertising the Ultimate Angus Philly.  Looks like sliced Angus beef, grilled peppers and onions… and could that be provolone cheese?  Let’s hope it’s better than the Steakhouse Sub from 2009.

Update from this Arby’s site:

Close your eyes and take a bite, you’ll feel like you’ve been teleported to the City of Brotherly Love. We’ve taken our juicy, lean premium Angus beef and topped it off with fire-roasted onions and peppers, melted Swiss and tasty aioli spread, all served on a toasted Philly roll.

610 calories, 30 grams of fat, 9 grams saturated fat, 90 milligrams cholesterol, 1670 milligrams sodium, 40 grams protein.

19 comments on “New Ultimate Angus Philly from Arby’s

1. Adam says:

Their angus subs are great. I love the three cheese and bacon, so I’m looking forward to this one.

2. Adam says:

They’re also revamping their kids menu to make it healthier and adding a turkey and cheese sandwich. May come out as a value menu item: http://www.qsrmagazine.com/exclusives/arby-s-revamps-kids-meals

3. Chefprotoss says:

I will eat this. It will happen. It must happen.

4. rob says:

Steak Umms … eating it will remind me of when I was in college, we used to hammer the Steam Umms

5. SkippyMom says:

If you put the word “Philly” in it don’t you have to include Cheez Whiz [barf]?

As long as it is not swiss like the last one then, okay….we’ll see.

6. Matt says:

“You don’t have to be in Philly to have a great Philly”

*facepalm* So many things wrong with this, Arby’s. Roast beef, peppers, what I assume is swiss cheese. That’s 3 strikes right there. At least the bread is pretty close to a real Philly. I’ll stick with the 3 Cheese Angus & Bacon.

7. Sascha says:

It’s …………….. not bad.

Couldn’t quite figure out the cheese variety but it was edible, and the beef is definitely better than their standard roast beef.

At $5 a pop it’s not cheap, but you get a decent size sandwich for the money.

8. kendall says:

It is swiss\american, its real angus beef thats sliced every morning and the peppers and onions are a higher quality then what we used to use on the orginal roast beef philly! Try adding mushrooms for 50 cent. (if your store currently has the shroom & swiss they wont mind a bit)

9. M86 says:

I did a google search of the sandwich, and found out if you go to http://www.w.arbys.com instead of http://www.arbys.com, it lists the new Angus Philly. Very strange…

10. ChuchestaNation says:

Putting mayo on a true Philly cheesesteak is heresy. Then if you go to the site linked by M86, above, this huge WELCOME TO PHILLY sign pops up… Argh, I’m actually embarrassed on for Arby’s, and I’m not even a fan.

11. Robert says:

For god’s sake, stop being personally offended by fast food items, people. You didn’t invent the item in question.

BTW, this sandwich is delicious. All of the Angus subs are delicious. I still can’t believe the Cool Deli has more fat and calories than the 3 Bacon and Cheese. Does Arby’s have the fattiest mayo on the planet or something?

12. missouri says:

This sammy is delish!

The thinly sliced peppery angus roast beef coupled with the tangy cheese and mayo and the crunch of the peppers and onions on the toasted hoagie roll is good mood food!

I know – we take what we can get here in Missouri.

13. Iowan says:

I bought this today. I don’t think I’ll get it again. It wasn’t horrible but it was so salty. 1670 mg of sodium and I certainly could tell. I drank 2 liters of water over the span of an hour after eating it. Good amount of beef. Needs more onions. Garlic aioli is pretty good. So salty.

14. Alexis says:

It’s sliced angus grilled onion and bell pepper two slices of Swiss and a garlic mayo sause.

15. Chris H says:

All i can say is this thing is horrible, i kept hoping it would get better and had to stop half way through because all you taste is salt.. (thank god i had curly fries and cheese)

If this is suppose to be on par with a real philly steak then I am questioning what everyone likes about the real thing..

I have never been lucky enough to have a true philly steak but i cant imagine it tasting anything like these..

Think ill stick with the French Dip