Food News: Smashburger Giving You a Taste of the ‘Windy City’

Smashburger, the nation’s fastest growing fast-casual burger chain, is taking one of its beloved regional menu items nationwide for a limited time, offering the Chicago themed ‘Windy City’ burger to customers in all of its 120+ units nationwide.

SmashFans across the country can enjoy a taste of Chicago’s favorite flavors captured in the Windy City burger, a juicy, smashed-to-order burger that’s made with fresh, never frozen 100% Certified Angus Beef, topped with layers of melted cheddar cheese, haystack onions, lettuce, tomato, and Gulden’s® spicy mustard on a hand-cut pretzel roll.

The burger will be offered on all Smashburger menus until October 30th. A regular Windy City Smashburger has 810 calories, 51 grams of fat (23 saturated), 1.5 grams of natural trans fat, and 1340 grams of sodium. Looking to a score a deal? Try heading over to Smashburger’s facebook page to grab a coupon to save on the burger.

17 comments on “Food News: Smashburger Giving You a Taste of the ‘Windy City’

1. Nick says:

More places embracing the pretzel bun. I support this movement.

2. Manavee says:

This looks good….but what about it is Chicago again?

• Alexg says:

Maybe there’s an Italian Beef with hot peppers hidden behind that thing? :)

Being from Chicago, I was wondering that too. You think they pulled that one out of a hat because it sounded good?

3. SkippyMom says:

A pretzel roll with Gulden’s? Yeah baby. I could eat half. That looks good.

4. Raiders757 says:

Oh man, this sounds awesome!! Sadly there isn’t a Smashburger remotely close by.

5. Mikey F Baby says:

I’ve been to Smashburger three times. The first time was amazing. Next couple of times I tried some new items that I didn’t much care for. Not sure if I’ll be going back for awhile.

6. Publius says:

We just had a Smashburger open up in Springfield IL this week and the Windy City burger is on our menu full time and it is amazing. The pretzel bun just does it for me

7. Sandy says:

Don’t get the Chicago connection with this particular burger. Smashburger is opening all over the Chicago area. The market is saturated with these type of quick serve burger places. Wonder how many will be around in 2-3 years.

• Alexg says:

Now I get it. If they open enough of these in Chicago, then their Marketing line “A taste bud tour of Chicago” will become true. That is “Think Forward” marketing at it’s best. Hundreds of these little Restaurants all across the city selling the Windy City. Chicagoans will think they invented it. Since it’s named after them. Hooray for the Windy City! Home of the Pretzel Burger Roll!

8. SPM says:

I want to know if they clean those metal baskets after people eat food in them.

9. Matt says:

I love Smashburger, and I love pretzel buns but not sure about the two together. This is a dilemma, because I love the traditional Smashburger on their regular egg bun. It’s crazy soft and goes well with the whole package. And yeah, not really seeing the Chicago connection.

10. Obbop says:

The USA is destined to become a continent-sized geo-political entity composed almost entirely of a few HUGE retailers and a very very few independent Mom-and-Pop eating joints and a horde of food franchises purchased by retired sports and entertainment industry figures.

As long as the dumpsters offer enough nutrients to feed the ever-growing number of disenfranchised.

11. Ed H says:

I had this Friday night and it was awesome.

Smashburger rocks!