Gameday Eats: From the Box

The weekends mean football, and whether we’re watching from the press box, the stands, or the comfort of the La-Z-Boy, game day watching means eats. Ever wonder what they chow down on in an SEC press box? Ok, so Ryan had his confession, but here’s mine:

Pulled pork, fried chicken, assorted cookies and, rolls, and plenty of hot sauce. What can I say, I don’t get the chance to get out much!

So what are/were you grubbing on this football weekend?

11 comments on “Gameday Eats: From the Box

1. SkippyMom says:

Cool! Nice gig.

We are having [had] homemade chili, fried chicken/mashed taters and nachos [three different meals] All the while football is on! It also helps that one of the kids is home from college, so she requested all her favorite Mom made foods.

2. WrathofSorin says:

I got an Italian beef with hot peppers and french fries from Portillos, while I watched Notre Dame finally take their heads out of their collective butts and beat someone.

3. Justin ST says:

How’d you get in there? Wow, that looked good!

4. Justin says:

I watched a game from the Rose Bowl press box last season – the spread wasn’t as good: hot dogs, Budweiser, Caesar salad.

• Adam says:

That’s a bummer. A lot has to do with the AD and what their willing to (pardon the pun) eat as far as discretionary costs, or what their sponsors are. We used to get a freat set-up at the Naval Academy box with a sandwich station and Papa Johns, and when I was at Utah State we used to have Texas Roadhouse.

5. Steve says:

I was able to get my hand on some nachos and a drink for $8.50 at the WVU-UMD game. While it was nice to see WVU win by a TD, my wallet definitely thought otherwise.

I would definitely pay for food like that though. Looks so good.

6. Chuck says:

Were you at the game??

7. [...] 2011 By: Adam Category: Hitting the Road, JealousThe last time I checked in on a game day, I was talking up the spread offered to media members at a University of South Carolina football game. Pulled pork, fried [...]