New! Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino from Starbucks

A new flavored drink hits Starbucks today.  Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino.  Best flavor ever?

This beverage strikes the perfect flavor balance with our rich mocha sauce, toffee nut syrup, coffee, fresh milk and ice. Then we top it off with a buttery caramel drizzle and a sprinkle of sugared sea salt topping.

Some people who have tried it are saying it’s “the best Frappuccino® blended beverage we’ve ever had at Starbucks.”

12 comments on “New! Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino from Starbucks

1. wrongway says:

Sounds like it.

2. Keith says:

You know, I have to say – this sounds totally awesome.

Us foodies have known for a long time that adding a pinch of salt to – well, just about anything – makes it even more delicious. And that is particularly true with sweet flavors. I like to add a sprinkle of crunchy sea salt to ice cream and it figures prominently in my homemade hot chocolate mix (along with cayenne pepper). A sprinkle of salt in your coffee grounds helps smooth the bitterness and cut the acidity (I think I have Alton Brown to thank for most of those experiments). And then there’s the awesome combination of salt and caramel – anyone who has tried a Take 5 knows how great that is.

So it’s only fitting that we finally have a mainstream, sweetened, iced coffee beverage with a salty kick. I’m not sure what “sugared” sea salt means, but if my experience with sweet-and-salty is any indication, this has to be a winner.

3. Mike N says:

I’m sure it tastes good, just don’t call it coffee!

• Declan says:

Why not? There is a good amount coffee in it and its not something I’ve serve to a kid. Well I would(I’d have to), but I would offer the Salted Caramel Mocha Creme instead. Sorry I rambled, but there is coffee in it.

4. Andrea P. says:

I am so excited to try it, becuse it goes right along with my favorite specialty cupcake that is made at the BEST cupcake store near me that was featured on the Food Channel’s Cupcake Wars. Their flavor is: Salted Tahitian Caramel! Now I can get the same flavor at two of my favorite places!!!

5. Dawn N says:

At safeway which is a grocery store in ca. They make what’s called salted carmel butter pecan ice cream. Its safeway premium select brand. Comes in a pint. Its so good! Only 2.50.

6. Austin says:

It is terrible!

7. Crysta says:

The sugared sea salt looks like it’s just big crystals of salt, lol.

I like this drink. A lot. I wish it wasn’t a seasonal thing!

8. carol says:

I LOVE it! They won’t sell me a bottle of their sea salt mixture to use at home! Anyone know how to make it?

9. Coyote says:

I agree with Austin, it’s gross. I had one today and I didn’t finish it. It was SO like, concentrated it was nasty. It tastes like concentrated Pier One Autumn scented oil or something. I just, I don’t like the combination of all these things, flavor just looses it’s meaning when there is too much of them. I think this drink would taste the same fresh or curdled.

10. ArrowSmith says:

It had big grains of salt. I could always put strychnine in the guacamole. There were squirrels and they were married.

11. laura says:

I love this drink and wish it were year round. To those who think it is nasty, try it with HALF the pumps of syrup. It’s PERFECT then.