Food News: Popcorn Chicken from KFC

Is this a return of KFC Popcorn Chicken or just a new ad campaign?  I’ll admit, it’s been forever since I’ve been to a KFC, but I just saw a TV spot for KFC Popcorn Chicken and the KFC website is updated to feature the snackable chicken as well.  Or maybe it’s just a $2.99 for a large promo price?  Anyways, I’ve had this KFC Popcorn Chicken in the past… years ago actually.  I’m just not sure if they are back or what.

Bite-sized pieces of all-white meat chicken, marinated for a tender inside and breaded for a flavorful, fun crunch on the outside. A great snack for adults, and a fun way to please picky kids.

16 comments on “Food News: Popcorn Chicken from KFC

1. Joe says:

Not a return, just a new ad campaign. KFC has always had popcorn chicken for as long as I can remember.

2. kikurage says:

$2.99 is goot trial price.
    Try it later.

3. [...] GrubGrade reviews KFC popcorn chicken. [...]

4. Lylat says:

well for $2.99 for a large its worth it since that size would cost more any other time

5. maxchain says:

I hope they didn’t get rid of the Snack Box or whatever they called the combination of some of these and some potato wedges. It’s (it was?) surprisingly filling for two bucks.

6. Josh says:

They brought it back. They took it off the menu for a short time. I am Glad they brought it back!

7. J.A. says:

The popcorn chicken has always been on my KFC/Taco Bell menu. And I love it.

8. J.B. says:

I generally like KFC and I like their popcorn chicken and this price is not terrible.
    I always thought the popcorn chicken was always available, but I could be wrong.

9. SPM says:

The KFC that is about a mile down the road from my work does not honor most promotions so I doubt I will be trying this.

10. Wingnut says:

Supermarket fried chicken at the hot deli blows KFC away every time.

11. hortanz says:

had it today and it was awesome!

12. Jess says:

When will KFC bring back their chicken nuggets?

13. Anon says:

Aye! Bring back KFC Nuggets!

14. [...] with a generous serving of our creamy mashed potatoes, layered with sweet corn and loaded with bite-sized pieces of crispy chicken. Then we drizzle it all with our signature home-style gravy and top it off with a shredded [...]

15. [...] wings (greasy exterior). The breading has a texture almost identical to the one you’d find on popcorn chicken, and holds a distinct cayenne kick in along with strong notes of garlic and onion powder. What I [...]

16. Kris says:

Popcorn chicken is being taken off the menu replaced with the stupid bites good bye KFC