Spotted: New Spicy Chipotle and Garlic Steakhouse D.T. Doubles from Wendy’s

Back in November 2010, the D.T. Double was spotted in Wendy’s test markets of south New England, Austin TX and Providence RI.  Now we’re in August 2011 and in North Dartmouth, MA, GrubGrade reader Steven came across 2 new choices of D.T. Double (the D.T. stands for Wendy’s founder Dave Thomas).  In addition to The Original, the newcomers are the Spicy Chipotle and the Garlic Steakhouse.

The Original D.T Double has American cheese and a “signature sauce”.  The Spicy Chipotle D.T. Double includes pepper jack cheese and fiery chipotle sauce.  The Garlic Steakhouse D.T. Double has Monterey Jack cheese and garlic aioli sauce.  These double cheeseburgers are all priced at $2.99.  We’ll keep an eye out for a nationwide release.

9 comments on “Spotted: New Spicy Chipotle and Garlic Steakhouse D.T. Doubles from Wendy’s

1. richard says:

i used to go to wendys, back when they actually had 99 cent nuggets and 1.29 bacon cheeseburgers.
    that was about 8 years ago.

If this product came to Canada, I might enjoy it. I might buy it again. But the most I would pay is 2.99, maybe 3.49 if it was really good. because honestly, local restaurants are so dumb here. For example, within a year, taco bell doubled the price on their tacos. It was 69 cents, then it jumped up to 1.29.

Wendys has been creeping up prices ever since the baconator launched. The last time I bought something at wendys was over 8 years ago. The last time I ate something at wendys it was a birthday present and it was not worth the $10 for the combo.

2. SPM says:

This restaurant needs to be boycotted until some uniform pricing can be implemented amongst the locations. I went to the one nearest my job yesterday to find the “99 cent super value menu” at an all time low – 4 items, a crispy chicken sandwich, spicy chicken nuggets, some sort of jr cheeseburger and a small frosty. What a joke.

3. Mike N says:

I’m surprised by the $2.99 price point — I would expect these “better burgers” to push the $4 to $5 range, which would in turn probably keep me from buying one. I’m wondering if that’s a special introductory price or test market price that will get hiked with the nationwide roll out.

4. Griffin says:

These sound yummy let’s hope they come to MA soon

• mike says:

They are in MA, got the chili cheese fries today and the steakhouse DT. For some reason the steakhouse DT came with jalepenos… didn’t make much sense. The chili cheese fries were decent.

• Alex says:

I got the Steakhouse DT too and no jalapenos. Must have been a mistake on their fault. I don’t think it’s supposed to come with jalapenos.

5. nickelmucks says:

I hope Wendy’s can return to what it once was… The burgers are almost as bad as McDonald’s. Bland, grey protein particles surrounded by ‘stuff.’

6. [...] Grub Grade posted something about the D.T. Doubles a few months ago. According to that post the varieties we could be looking at when The W is released are Original (American cheese and a signature sauce), Spicy Chipotle (pepper jack cheese and fiery chipotle sauce), and Garlic Steakhouse (monterey jack cheese and aioli sauce). [...]