Hurricane Irene and the Kind Folks at Best Buy

Found this on TheChive today.  Not really grub related, but it’s a consumable.  Desperate for water? Best Buy in Howell, New Jersey thinks so.  Sheesh… stay safe east coasters.  It’s a slow Saturday, what’s the perfect grub for riding out a storm?  Let’s discuss.

14 comments on “Hurricane Irene and the Kind Folks at Best Buy

1. Kelley says:

Wow. Way to be a total dick, Best Buy. I mean, you know, even more of a dick than usual.

2. J.B. says:

You should be thrown in prison when you do these sorts of things.

3. Stephanie says:

Wow. This is shocking and sad. :(

4. Chefprotoss or dan says:

I have a ton of canned goods and will fire up the grill after the storm. Eating a roast beef sub from wawa at the moment.

Yes, I agree best buy is weak. Amazon ftw.

5. Justin ST says:

Not a Best Buy.

The manager of this place is getting fired…

6. Justin ST says:

Ok, so some people claim that $1.69 x the amount of bottles in the pack equals the $40.56 price.

Still, that’s the individual, refrigerated price, not for a whole pack. Anyone who buys water, candy or soda from Best Buy is an idiot anyways.

7. Bobby D says:

Just posted the pic on Facebook and e-mailed the corporate office. I’m in NJ, and the weather is bad…..this is disgusting!

8. TonyJaguar says:

As if I didn’t need another reason to ever darken their doorway again.

9. wrongway says:

This must be a joke or something that needs further explanation beyond a photo. At least I hope it is.

10. J.B. says:

If you buy water that you can get for 10 cents a bottle retail for $1.69 a bottle, you are clearly not very SMART.

11. jenna says:

First of all who is going to best buy for a storm? Yeah I am going to go buy some cd’s to prepare for the storm. I would never buy water at BEst Buy either! They have now lost my business forever! Price gouging is illegal!

12. Marko says:

It’s sad to see how many knee-jerk reactions there are to this image. From the actual website, the managers and employees gave responses that would save their jobs, I’ve never seen impromptu signs like that at Best Buy (I’ve worked there in the past, but I’m honestly not defending the place–they can go screw themselves, in fact), etc. It looks like somebody just made a joke to get people of questionable reasoning skills riled up.

Well, it worked!

13. SPM says:

Another chain that has fallen hard in the past 10 years. I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up in the same graveyard as former competitor Circuit City.