Food News: Bacon Cheddar Ranch Tendercrisp is Back at Burger King

Hard to belive it’s been seven years since the original launch of Burger King’s Bacon Cheddar Ranch Tendercrisp Sandwich, which holds the dubious distinction of helping to catapult former Hootie and the Blowfish lead singer Darius Rucker back into the pop culture spotlight. Since that time we’ve seen a lot of menu items come and go from the King (and seen Rucker become one of country music most popular solo acts), including the 900-calorie sandwich. That is until now:

Tender, juicy, premium white meat chicken filet with crisp breading, fresh lettuce, red ripe tomatoes, crisp white onions, crispy bacon, 2 slices of cheese, brought together with a cheddar ranch sauce on a premium bakery corn dusted bun. Limited time only. At participating restaurants.

I happened to see an ad for this on my local television station today. Will it be a hit with consumers? I don’t know, but it sure doesn’t sound like the more “cafe” oriented menu concepts we heard Burger King was going to emphasize in the near future. As for me personally, I have fast food cheddar burnout, and likely will be passing on this one.  We’ve got a review of this sandwich in our archives so take a look.

12 comments on “Food News: Bacon Cheddar Ranch Tendercrisp is Back at Burger King

1. SkippyMom says:

The old review just had ranch on it – this descript has cheddar ranch – is there a diff? Cheddar ranch is sort of scary imo.

2. Manavee says:

They seem to be tying this in to the new Transformers Movie. I don’t really get the tie-in…the last Transformer’s movie they actually came up with a new burger (The Stackticon or something like that), that while not very good, at least was trying.

Perhaps they mean you will get transformed into a fatty if you eat enough of these (at 900 calories a pop).

3. matt in the hatt says:

i miss the spicy tendercrisp

4. Biff McGee says:

Tastes like poo.

5. Allokago says:

I used to eat a spicy tendercrisp after every Syracuse Crunch AHL Saturday night game. Win or lose, that sandwich was the best. Then I lost 50 pounds and stopped eating my weight in fried chicken. Ah, the good ol’ days…

6. Leah says:

I recently ordered this and it made me physically ill. The sauce is plain ranch but they slather the chicken in cheddar cheese. Awful sandwich.

7. [...] link: GrubGrade | Food News: Bacon Cheddar Ranch Tendercrisp is Back at … © 2011 BACON [...]

8. Crusader says:

Another “heart attack on a bun” sammiches.

9. raiders757 says:

I can’t speak for this version, but I find the Tendercrisp Sandwich to be pretty decent. Sadly it blows my mind, that in my region, BK has the audacity to charge enough for a Tendercrisp combo, that it clocks in at over $8. That’s more than a far superior Chic-fil-a combo. The minds behind BK must be completely insane.

10. fah fah fah says:

I remember this sandwich being pretty good the first time around. I swore of BK a while ago, but the Tendercrisp sandwich was probably the best tasting food I’ve ever gotten from BK except maybe the Stacker. It actually tasted like it was made with quality stuff, tho I’m sure that was due to the concerted efforts of flavor scientists in New Jersey.

11. Shannon says:

Bacon, cheddar, ranch, and tendercrisp chicken all nestled in a bun is a little too indulgent for me.

12. Alex says:

i reviewed this on my blog – click my website – and it is one of the foulest things I have ever eaten at a fast food restaurant. absolutely disgusting.