Burger King Original Chicken Sandwich for $1.04

July 2nd, 3rd and 4th get the Original Chicken Sandwich for just $1.04 at Burger King.  Celebrate Independence Day with 630 calories, 39 grams of fat for a sweet promo price.  Spend some spare change this Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Crispy premium white meat chicken topped with shredded lettuce, mayo, and served on a sesame seed bun. So good, we haven’t changed it since 1979. How many sandwiches can say that?

30 comments on “Burger King Original Chicken Sandwich for $1.04

1. maxchain says:

Eh, okay. At a buck-four, I’m willing to put up with their phoned-in lettuce.

2. Biff McGee says:

Last time I had one of these it was full of gristle and cartilage. Will never eat one again.

3. Manavee says:

Free sodium for everyone! USA! USA! USA!

Seriously, I like my salt just fine, but at 1204mg, these things are palpably salty….they’re just plain gross.

• WOW THE SALT!! I just ate one and sure I expect fast food to be salty and unhealthy but this sandwich was so salty I could nearly swallow it. To put it simple they are killing people. Good job Burger King and WOW

4. Mike says:

Still overpriced for BK food

5. J.B. says:

I honestly would not eat this for free.

They are going to wake up one day and find themselves out of business, along with Wendys, Subway and Arbys and Taco Bell.

• Ed H says:

Well said, although maybe not Arbys they have been sell terrible food out of filthy restaurants for many years and they still remain.

6. Mike N says:

They’re promoting this on the radio and say “restrictions apply”… any idea what those restrictions are? Can you only buy one at that price?

• Francois says:

You’ll be restricted in your seat-belt from the sodium bloat you’ll receive after eating one of these.

7. rob says:

Hard to beat on a calories-per-dollar basis … that’s 6 calories per penny spent.

8. Bill says:

Just a thought – the July 2,3, & 4 “qualifier” doesn’t get in the way of the very large “CHICKEN SANDWICH $1.04″ sign used to pull you in on June 30. Left a bad taste in my mouth and I didn’t even eat there.

Hello Chic-Fil-A, McDonalds & Checkers.

(Hey Maxchain – at least they used pretty lettuce for the pic’)

• Bubbs says:

The ones that put up the chicken sandwich deal sign early (Two of our local stores put a sign up on the evening of the 30th) were selling it for $1.04 already. Yes they knew the promo begins on the 2nd. I saw the signage, walked in, and sure enough – I went home with a pair. (go ahead, pile on with the puns) It’s a great leftover sandwich because you can load it up with bacon and cheese and onions before you re-heat in the oven!

9. SPM says:

I used to love this thing when I was a kid, even into my late teens/early 20s. The Italian version was great. Then in 2008 I had one in Jacksonville, Florida and it was beyond disgusting. I haven’t eaten once since. You bite into this thing and there is a 50/50 chance of you getting a clean piece of chicken or some sort of by-product.

10. Shimmy Cocopop says:

This isn’t food, it’s plastic and proteins globbed together with gelatin. This is why people die of heart attacks.

• Bubbs says:

Burger King Original Chicken Sandwich:
      Chicken patty breaded [Boneless Chicken Breast with Rib Meat, Water, Salt and Monosodium Glutamate. Breaded with: Bleached Wheat Flour, Salt, Spices...]

“Shimmy” on down the road with your naive & dishonest food-fear activism. Shouldn’t you be out protesting GMO foods so that the Africans and Asians having trouble feeding themselves will starve instead of eating evil “Frankenfoods”?

11. Colin says:

Not that I’m defending the sandwich (far from it. I haven’t had one in years because it’s gross) but I do find it funny that there’s so much outrage over a fast food sandwich…on a fast food blog.

Just sayin’. :)

• Adam Bomb says:

Agreed. Don’t like it? Move along and read/eat something else. I find the allegations of plastic and gelatin in the patty to be particularly ridiculous. Sure, it’s junk food. But don’t just make things up about what’s in it.

• debbie says:

i think every 1 is ungrateful..if it is gross don’t eat it.i thought they were good.look at all the homeless ppl that can put some change together to buy a sandwich..far as the restrooms our’s in ohio are very clean..i think it is very nice of them to have this promotion..

12. Nick says:

JB,

Your reaction to this is ridiculous.

“They are proud that they have not changed this crap sandwich since all the way back then and that is BK’s problem, they don’t seem to realize that they need to change a lot of things with their company.”

Burger King puts it that way as a marketing gimmick, but the fact is they have changed the sandwich to reflect modern tastes and preferences. It’s called the Tendercrisp, it uses higher quality chicken and comes in different varieties. People like yourself, who are dissatisfied with the old version, can simply order that one. Why does it bother you so much that the old remains on the menu for people who still enjoy it?

Secondly, did you say Subway was going to wake up one day and find itself out of business? The most popular restaurant in the world? Right…

• J.B. says:

There is a reply button under every comment.
      Your failure to understand how to use it says a lot.

Subway is not the most popular restaurant, they just hand out franchises like water. Trust me, my friend owns 4 within a 5 mile radius.

GM used to make the most popular cars in the world and sell the most, then they basically were out of business until the government saved them.
      I consider Subway the GM of the fast food industry.

• Adam Bomb says:

Man, quit being a douche. Who gives a crap if he used the reply button or not? You’re just looking for things to pick apart because you were called out for being an aggressive dick. Why are you even here? If the food is that bad, move along. Unless you’re a 13 year old kid just looking for things to complain about, just go rain on somebody else’s parade.

• Bubbs says:

I’d like to offer my babysitter services for J.B. Angry little kids are my specialty… for some reason if you just break out the temporary tattoos and ‘No Fear’ stickers for them to play with, and pop in any Vin Diesel movie, they play with themselves for hours. Just take away their Mt. Dew 2 hrs before bed-time.

• Nick says:

They wouldn’t be handing out franchises “like water” if there did not exist substantial worldwide demand for the product. I can’t stand Subway personally, but unlike you I do not believe my vote is the only one that counts.

Also, thanks for implying that I am unintelligent because I didn’t use the reply button. That is known as an ad hominem attack, and usually rears its head when someone doesn’t have a good argument.

13. @graciHas says:

lol @ people bitching about a $1 fast food menu item as if they expect some sort of healthy offering from BK for july 4th. stfu and just appreciate the highly reduced price whether you choose to eat it or not

14. Y2JosHBK says:

A classic for a reason. Top of the line chicken, fresh and delicious lettuce, it’s just delicious mixed with more deliciousness. You would have to be severely lacking in taste buds to not enjoy this classic chicken from BK. Get one ASAP… ESPECIALLY with this fantastic current promotion! The King is here!

15. IDK about all the hate. I go to McDonalds every now and then for a McChicken + buffalo sauce. Decent for a buck. Got one of these BK original chicken sandwiches over the weekend and I’d have to say it’s way better than any of the McDonalds chicken sandwiches. But that’s just my opinion :)

Not sure what the regular price is on it.. I probably wont buy it at regular price.. but it certainly was worth $1.04 to me.

16. Katie says:

I just ate one of these at full price and I did not notice anything off about the chicken inside of it. It is exactly what you would expect from fast food, and, honestly, as others have said, way better than similarly priced items from other chains. The large portion size is an added bonus.

17. Too SALTY for human consumption. They are killing people. Too salty to swallow.

18. why be so ungrateful ppl.our country is in a recession,these ppl that are homeless are tickled death to get a chicken sandwich,but the way are burger kings in ohio restrooms very clean..mcdonalds taco bell and arbys are filthy.i think it is very nice of them to have this promotion.