In My Pantry: Peanut Butter and Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams

Do you have a favorite sweet condiment? I’ve always been a condiment fiend, but it wasn’t until recently that I stepped into the world of more “dessert” oriented condiments and indulged in the sweet and chocolatey dreams of Peanut Butter and Co.’s signature dark chocolate peanut butter by the same name.

Man, let me tell you, this stuff is good. I’ve used it for pretty much everything. Yea, I’ve made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with it, and of course I’ve made peanut butter and banana sandwiches with it too – but if you want to get the most out of this unique brand of peanut butter, than you’ve gotta get creative. And creative is my middle name.

Some of you may remember my “Elvis Ice Cream Sandwich” from the winter. Back then, some of you claimed it wouldn’t have been half bad had I gone premium with the ingredients. So, that’s exactly what I did, except this time with an actual sandwich. I started by frying up some Safeway Open Nature Smoked Bacon (good stuff) in a skillet, then giving some good color to a segmented banana by cooking it in the bacon fat. After spreading out some fine Peanut Butter and Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams on one slice of an English Muffin (mayo went on the other end), I grilled the whole concoction together.

The result? A rich and smokey sandwich with a gooey and slightly sweet creaminess to it. Not bad.  Considering it’s summer, and considering that it’s already hit the upper 90s a couple of times in the mid-atlantic this June, I haven’t forgotten about ice cream either. Yeah, Ben and Jerry’s may come up with some unique flavors, but they’ve still yet to come up with the ultimate sugar rush in ice cream mix ins. Luckily, my imagination – not to mention willingness to try new flavors – knows no bounds. Yes my friends, we’re talking my signature flavor, the 12.7 Crunch.

Named for being created after a 12.7 mile run and the need to basically stuff as much sugar into myself as I could possibly imagine, this vanilla bean base combines chopped up Emerald Dark Chocolate Almonds, Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter, Entenmenn’s Richly Frosted Donut chunks, and Cocoa Krispies.

Salty, doughy, crunchy, and sweet, it’s the perfect symphony of textures and chocolate flavors. Better yet, it combines the five necessary food groups in my life: kids cereal, ice cream, donuts, nuts and peanut butter. Now that I’ve taken to  ”pimping out” store-bought ice cream with this stuff, I feel like the possibilities are endless. But before I go mixing God-knows-what in an effort to send my blood sugar soaring, I’d figure I’d ask for a little advice. Using Peanut Butter and Co.’s Dark Chocolate peanut butter, what would your ridiculously awesome ice cream customization consist of?

18 comments on “In My Pantry: Peanut Butter and Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams

1. peanut butter and co’s entire line is pretty awesome.

2. frank says:

i would mix it with horseradish, cream of mushroom soup, artichoke hearts, baked beans and pecans. maybe some poop, too.

3. Cath says:

I bought that PB ONCE. ONCE. Because that one time, I stood in the kitchen eating it with a spoon. So any varieties of this deliciousness are banned from my apartment …

4. SkippyMom says:

It reminds me of nutella. Nasty. Although your ice cream concoction could put a small human in a sugar coma. Nice. :)

5. Ross says:

Mmmmm…poop.

6. Annie Benson says:

Upscale S’mores. A graham cracker, layered with the PB, then topped with mini marshmallows. Stick in toaster oven set on toast till marshmallows start to brown.

• Annie Benson says:

Oh, and since I missed the part about it being for ice cream, not general uses:

Upscale S’mores ice cream. Break the graham crackers into smallish chunks, then toast in non-stick skillet or oven till slightly browned. Allow to cool completely. Mix into vanilla ice cream with Chocolate Peanut Butter, and mini-marshmallows.

Man, I’ve thought way to much about this. I don’t have any of the ingredients in my house right now, and I want some!

7. Hunter says:

I love this product. I put it on everything.

8. VanessaG says:

I love it!! I want to buy your ice cream!! Hahah I’m a runner too (just ran a 10mile race this morning) and eat lots of ice cream. My favorite is Schwans (Schwans truck,ya know?) raspberry rumble…yumo!! My own combination is vanilla ice cream with pb swirls, peanuts, dark chocolate bits, caramel swirls, and raspberries. Yummy, yum, yum!! Makes me smile.

9. Rhiannon says:

If this is anything similar to Nutella, I would just freeze it into an ice creamable state.

Nutella ice cream will be the death of me. BRING IT ON.

10. jperonto says:

OMG. Your ice cream concoction made me drool all over the place. I’ll be jealous the rest of my life… unless I get hella stoned… which will probably happen soon anyways. :)

11. Jay says:

Does anyone know if Peanut Butter and Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams tastes like Nutella?

12. Steve says:

You are an evil culinary wizard. Holy crap.