Food News: XXL Grilled Stuft Burrito from Taco Bell

Fresh out of new ideas?  Just make something bigger.  That seems to be the move by Taco Bell with the new XXL Grilled Stuft Burrito. 820 calories and 36 grams of fat for the steak version.  Also available in grilled chicken and beef.

The New XXL Grilled Stuft Burrito is our biggest burrito yet, STUFT full of grilled, marinated steak, a blend of three cheeses – cheddar, pepper jack and mozzarella – flavorful seasoned rice, hearty beans, reduced-fat sour cream, chunky guacamole, avocado ranch and fiesta salsa, wrapped up in a warm flour tortilla.

27 comments on “Food News: XXL Grilled Stuft Burrito from Taco Bell

1. Manavee says:

Can someone add XXL to the Random Taco Bell Product Generator (TM)?

2. maxchain says:

If they were cool, they’d make this the nucleus of one of those Five Buck Boxes. They’ve been pretty stingy lately, using whatever $1 thing they could think up instead, but maybe the price gap on this one’s too short.

3. Chefprotoss or dan says:

Ummm… Didn’t I just eat a better concieved version of this?

4. Evan says:

I absolutely cannot stand the new steak from Taco Bell. It’s flavorless and texture-less. The old steak was SOMETIMES chewy, but had good flavor and most of the time, good texture.

5. Ed H says:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…

6. Mike N says:

“Yo yo yo, it’s STUFT y’all!”… gotta love Taco Bell keepin’ it street.

7. Shawn says:

I love this blog, but this post failed to mention a BIG change between this and the regular one…

HELLO GUACAMOLE

• Count Drac says:

TB guac is horrible btw.

• Reece says:

Except for the whole, Taco Bell guacamole is nasty and tastes like cleaning chemicals.

8. Shannon says:

I’ve never had a burrito. I’m weird and they don’t look appetizing.

9. AO says:

Why is there both guacamole and avocado-ranch sauce? They’re so similar that they’re just going to drown each other out. But I guess it would seem less “deluxe” without guacamole, and less “exciting/different” without ranch sauce.

10. Erik says:

Was having a Grilled Stuft Steak craving, hit up TB…
    and the guy up front said this had replaced it! Boo! So naturally I ordered the new XXL with steak.

It’s worse than the old one :-(
    The original Grilled Stuft had creamy pepperjack sauce, which was delicious… no more! Not a fan of their guacamole and avocado ranch sauce or the new steak.

Bring the old one back, please…

11. BJL1974 says:

XXL Grilled Stuft Burrito sucks. It’s basically a regular Grilled Stuft Burrito with 1/3 the meat and in it’s place, there is an unappetizingly large gob of runny guacamole. I guess I’ll have to start fighting for a parking spot to get Chipotle.

12. Justin ST says:

Try Roberto’s Taco Shop in Vegas or San Diego. It’s a small chain, but it is amazing! I can’t even touch this after having something similar there…

13. Nathan R says:

I just had the XXl for the first time, and it was the WORST f*ing thing I’ve ever had from TB. The original GSB was the only thing I would order when going there. And BTW…. what the fudge is up with not including nachos with the meal anymore? If I’m getting this huge @$$ burrito, why would I need a taco? They just lost my business.

14. pam says:

This is awful. Why couldn’t they leave well enough alone. The old one was perfect and now its all screwed up. I wont be eating there much anymore because it WAS my favorite.

15. Joe says:

The original one in my local TB was $2.99, then it went up to $3.59 and I considered it expensive (for TB). Well, lo and behold here comes the XXL one (which really is about the same size as before), almost the same except for the guacamole, and now it costs $4.99. For that price, I’ll go to a real mexican place and get the real thing for the same price or less.

16. Eli H says:

Personally, Taco Bell is a nice place for a decent cheap meal. It may not settle good with your stomach afterwards, but it’s a great fast food joint. And this is my favorite burrito to get, of course without the guacamole and avocado ranch.

17. Rick "$bills" says:

Shoot this burrito with a Guac 9!

18. Jaime says:

They made me one the old way one time, but I don’t know what all was on it. It was also the only thing I ever got there and I hate guacamole and avacado!

19. Jaime says:

If anyone knows what all was in the old one, I would appreciate! ☺

20. Heather says:

Order the grilled stuffed burrito minus guacamole, avocado ranch, and fiesta salsa…add Baja sauce
    There is your original grilled stuffed burrito with none of the nasty fake guacamole

21. […] “XXL” a few times now.  We reviewed the XXL Chalupa back in 2010… there was the XXL Grilled Stuft Burrito in 2011… 2012 saw the introduction of XXL Steak Nachos and they’re currently back on the menu […]