Food News: Free Drink with Whopper Purchase at Burger King

National Burger Month may have come and gone, but meat-eaters can still get their fast food burger fix on by stopping at select Burger Kings for the next few weeks, with the nation’s second leading hamburger chain will be offering a free 20 oz. soft drink to customers with the purchase of a Whopper.

Starting on May 30, restaurant guests can cool off with a free, 20 ounce soft drink with the a la carte purchase of a flame-broiled WHOPPER®, DOUBLE WHOPPER®, TRIPLE WHOPPER® or ANGRY WHOPPER® Sandwich. This value promotion is available at participating BURGER KING® restaurants nationwide until June 26.

The move comes as Burger King is looking to rebrand itself more in the line of McDonald’s. According to our friends over at BurgerBusiness, Burger King will also be bolstering its menu in the coming months, and has plans to roll out several new menu concepts, including Oatmeal, an Asian Chicken Salad, and a Chicken BLT Wrap. There is currently no date set for the arrival of these items.

17 comments on “Food News: Free Drink with Whopper Purchase at Burger King

1. SkippyMom says:

We had to go to Pennsylvania last week and we kept seeing billboards that said “Any size drink $1″ at McDonalds. This may be an attempt to go the “same” route for a deal.

I don’t think VA offers the same thing [at McDs] we haven’t checked and I only saw the billboards in PA.

2. maxchain says:

That’s kinda neat, I guess. But just do the survey on the back of your receipt instead.

• Kevin says:

Niiiice. I’ve been doing this for months. $2.14 for a whopper, drink, and fries.

I don’t think I’ll be trying the oatmeal, salads or anything like that. but hey if they come out with burgers that are actually good, why not?

• Shannon says:

I was thinking the same thing. Thanks, you just reminded me that I have a survey to do.

3. Chefprotoss or dan says:

Oatmeal? How about tomatoes that aren’t boarderline rotten, or lettuce that doesn’t taste like wet toilet paper. I will gladly take my dollars to an establishment that focuses on quality, not gimmicks. No wonder five guys is raking in the bucks.

• Adam says:

I could say the same thing for In-N-Out. I like marketing towards the Whopper though for now. It’s what they are good at, but I would guess a move to the more “cafe” oriented items would also force them to step up their game and cater towards quality interests that, at least based on my limited personal experience, their target audiences and regulars seem to be fine with overlooking for now.

• Ryan says:

Yeah seriously… BK has the worst produce in fast food it seems. Just awful.

• J.B. says:

You pretty much summed up my feelings about Burger King food, although I will also add that for some reason the BK near me eem to make hot food to save their life.
      The tomatoes and the lettuce are just dismal and the chicken tenders taste like cardboard dusted with sawdust.

4. Allokago says:

Burger King has always been second to McDonalds for me, mostly because their flame broiled burgers have always tasted burnt to me. I’d go to Wendy’s before BK, and I’d never go to BK for burgers. Their chicken used to be good, dunno if it still is, I haven’t been in years. But BK can “rebrand” itself all it wants, it’ll never equal McDonalds in my mind.

5. Manavee says:

I wonder if they will change their marketing campaign along with the changes to their menu. Somehow “The King” and an Asian Chicken Salad don’t seem to mesh in my mind (or oatmeal for that matter).

This has epic disaster written all over it.

6. Roger C. says:

I love burnt burgers. That’s what charbroiled is all about!

Burn in hell King. Worst advertisement campaign EVER. The previous CEO was a weirdo. He reminded me of a lot of the weird engineers I went to school with.

• Adam says:

I hear you on the burger. Burger King and Carl’s get a crust that Micky D’s never has. McDonald’s meat just tastes like chemicals and salt to me.

7. J.B. says:

Oh goody a free drink that only cost them 18 cents in exchange for a crappy overpriced burger.
    No thank you.
    I can’t believe that they are still in business.

8. Carl Thomas says:

not a bk guy but the angry whopper is back…and that is one damn good burger

9. Natalie says:

BK is the worst fast food place imo. Their burgers are decent, but Carl’s are better. Their fries are decent, but McDonald’s are better. I tried their new chicken nuggets (I had a free coupon) and they tasted identical to the budget brand Banquet frozen chicken nuggets…not tasty or worth the price. Glad to see they’re improving their menu though, hope the new items are better than the chicken.

10. Ub says:

If it wasn’t for McDonalds to copy everything they have done the last 5 years bk would be out of biz.

11. Crusader says:

I plan to get a triple angry whopper with mega large super sized fries and 192oz Pepsi. Wish me godspeed.