First reported here on GrubGrade last year, Wendy’s has officially taken its popular Berry Almond Chicken Salad outside of the test markets, and will start selling it nationally. The salad features a collection of berries, almonds, chicken and cheese, as well as a whopping 11 (!) types of salad greens. The full salad, not included dressing, clocks in at just 450 calories and 16 grams of fat. Commenters have been chiming in for weeks about the salad, so if you’re one to try new things out, why not do it with this handy $1 off coupon?

The summer salad isn’t the only new menu addition to Wendy’s, with the chain also launching a Crispy Chicken Caesar Wrap. The 430 calorie, 25 grams of fat wrap features crispy chicken, shaved Asiago cheese, and Caesar dressing in a flour tortilla, and becomes the latest part of Wendy’s Value Menu.

A new twist on a classic taste. Fresh romaine and iceberg lettuce, natural shaved Asiago cheese, all-natural Caesar dressing and half a crispy chicken fillet, wrapped inside a soft flour tortilla for mouthwatering Caesar flavor in every delicious bite.

And finally, you’re going to need something to wash all that down with, right? Instead of a frosty, why not try the new Wild Berry Tea.

All Natural Puree of real raspberries, blackberries and strawberries grown in the USA. Made with real sugar and no artificial colors or flavors, give yourself a refreshing treat that is made fresh when you order.

A small tea is just 70 calories and has no fat.

8 comments on “Food News: Wendy’s Rolls Out Berry Almond Chicken Salad and Crispy Chicken Caesar Wrap

1. Sarah says:

Can’t wait to try it!!! So the salad is 450 calories without dressing?

2. Manavee says:

I had this salad the other day. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I like how they do the chicken. The chicken is already cubed and evenly distributed throughout the salad. This is opposed to McDonald’s, where they just basically give you a chicken breast, and only halfway cut it into strips (leaving you to completely break it apart and distribute it throughout the salad).

The fruit seemed fresh and tasty enough and also was nicely evenly distributed throughout the salad. I also liked the dressing which is a raspberry vinagrette. Very strong raspberry flavor which was nice. The cheese was also good.

The only down side is the price, which at $6.49 at the franchise I was at, puts it well above the salads at McD’s.

3. Matt says:

Yes! Another value menu item is always a good thing haha. Dont know if this ceasar wrap can compete with the spicy chicken BLT ranch wrap that is on the value menu already though, that thing is pretty darn good. Wish the ceasar wrap had bacon on it as well, but maybe thats just me and my passion for bacon

4. Jim says:

I like Wendy’s offerings for a more healthy lunch. I’m hooked on the Apple Pecan Chicken Salad. I get the half size with a baked potato. They did raise the price 50 cents in my area so it costs me $6 with tax. I’ll try this one with the $1 coupon and if it’s a good value, I would certainly be a repeat customer.

5. Crysta says:

The salad was great. The wild berry tea needs more berry in it though.

6. Hannah says:

I will try this soon.This would be great with poppy seed or celery seed dressing.Salads like this with strawberries are delicious served with balsamic vinegar dressing.

7. Dame says:

This really sounds great, but … why does there have to be cheese on it? I would love to know why every fast food restaurant feels that we all need cheese on absolutely everything. I’m surprised it’s not in the berry tea.