Sweet Potato Waffle Fries from Chick-fil-A

Take a look at Sweet Potato Waffle Fries from Chick-fil-A.  Currently in certain markets only.  Thanks to GrubGrade reader Stephen for submitting the pics.

And here are some first impressions from Stephen:

Enjoyed Chick-fil-A’s new Sweet Potato Waffle Fries today @ the Lionville FSU (#01527) near Exton, PA.  They were quite tasty, softer & not as crunchy as the regular waffle fries with a more dense texture.  They had a nice sweet potato flavor, mild & sweet.  My only complaint is the $1.20 upgrade charge… that’s too steep in my opinion & I don’t plan on making them a regular thing because of it.  It’s bad enough they charge more for the Spicy Chicken, but the $0.25 or so difference, isn’t that bad.

19 comments on “Sweet Potato Waffle Fries from Chick-fil-A

1. Daniel n says:

$1.25 upgrade price?? That’s crazy, I’ll be skipping these if the price sticks. Chick fil a is already higher priced than other place but the quality makes it worth it. At those prices though there are place with higher quality at the same price.

2. Adam says:

My biggest gripe with CFA has always been the side upgrades. I like how Wendy’s allows you to get whatever for no extra charge. I feel like, for premium fast food, that should be a given.

3. Courtney says:

OMG, When will these be available everywhere?!

4. Chefprotoss or dan says:

The upcharge doesn’t bother me at all. You get what you pay for. At CFA at least. This sounds delicious.

5. missouri says:

Where is the sidecar of marshmallow fluff to dip these in? I demand fluff!!

6. […] reviews sweet potato waffle fries from […]

7. J.B. says:

I hate my life.
    I can’t get the new Dunkin Donuts snadwich below and now I can’t get this.

This sucks.

8. Mike N says:

What’s FSU stand for?

9. 1.20 extra?? wtf? well that’s pretty ridiculous. i was on the fence about these to begin with… their regular fries are already perfect. i’m not feeling this.

10. Marc Glover says:

FSU means free standing unit. Means it not in a mall food court.

11. Phil says:

Mike N.- I believe FSU stands for Free Standing Unit.

Look at Sweet Potato prices in general at the grocery store..they are easily 2-3 times the cost of a regular potato, easily justified here.

12. Daniel n says:

Phil I have to respectfully disagree. I just got back from the grocery store and sweet potatoes were cheaper than regular potatoes.

13. Kristoffer says:

I just had these tonight and loved em! I thought they were crispier than the regular fries (or maybe it was because of the coating) so that was a plus for me. Generally that’s why I don’t care for their regular waffle fries… too soft. I want crispy fries and these were perfect. I saw a notice on the menu board about an upcharge but didn’t notice exactly how much. Will have to check my receipt.

14. I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF SUCH A BEAUTIFUL THING I DEMAND THESE NUMMY NUMMCIOUSNESS IN MY TUMMTUMM NOWWWW!

15. […] Fries seems like an obvious choice since it’s the popular “new” thing lately.  Chick-fil-A has recently tried its hand at sweet potato fries in certain markets.Oh my, Bacon Sundae.  Looks like Burger King is going the Denny’s route with this […]